hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Wed, 24 May 2006 12:23:56

Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

The same thing happens on both computers.

When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to another
hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from" and "to"
columns are then properly displayed.

As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice - one of
which displays properly on one computer while the other displays properly on
the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 25 May 2006 06:20:59

I'm confused: Are you sending from and to the same Hotmail address on both
machines?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
> computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
> column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

> The same thing happens on both computers.

> When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to
> another hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from"
> and "to" columns are then properly displayed.

> As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice - one
> of which displays properly on one computer while the other displays
> properly on the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Tue, 30 May 2006 07:55:00

Yes. Both computers are used for all of my accounts. The problem only arose
a few months ago.

> I'm confused: Are you sending from and to the same Hotmail address on both
> machines?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> > Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
> > computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
> > column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

> > The same thing happens on both computers.

> > When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to
> > another hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from"
> > and "to" columns are then properly displayed.

> > As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice -
one
> > of which displays properly on one computer while the other displays
> > properly on the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 31 May 2006 04:12:23

Are you using more than one Hotmail account on both machines?

of the two?

Is an MSN Premium subscription included with your shaw.ca ISP account?
--
~PA Bear

> Yes. Both computers are used for all of my accounts. The problem only
> arose a few months ago.

> > I'm confused: Are you sending from and to the same Hotmail address on
> > both machines?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> > > Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
> > > computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
> > > column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

> > > The same thing happens on both computers.

> > > When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to
> > > another hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the
> > > "from" and "to" columns are then properly displayed.

> > > As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice -
> > > one of which displays properly on one computer while the other
> > > displays properly on the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Wed, 31 May 2006 14:58:09

Yes re more than one hotmail.
No msn account (there used to be one years ago).
No MSN premium accounts involved.

> Are you using more than one Hotmail account on both machines?

mix
> of the two?

> Is an MSN Premium subscription included with your shaw.ca ISP account?
> --
> ~PA Bear

> > Yes. Both computers are used for all of my accounts. The problem only
> > arose a few months ago.

> > > I'm confused: Are you sending from and to the same Hotmail address on
> > > both machines?
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP,
DTS-L.org

blank.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 02:53:10

I'm still not sure what the problem is.

The only Hotmail folder in OE that has a TO column available is (Hotmail)
Sent Items.  If you're placing the copy of a message in a non-Hotmail folder
(e.g., a Local folder), both the TO and FROM columns may be available.
--
~PA Bear

> Yes re more than one hotmail.
> No msn account (there used to be one years ago).
> No MSN premium accounts involved.

> > Are you using more than one Hotmail account on both machines?

> > mix of the two?

> > Is an MSN Premium subscription included with your shaw.ca ISP account?
> > --
> > ~PA Bear

> > > Yes. Both computers are used for all of my accounts. The problem only
> > > arose a few months ago.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:16:24

To be clear, the "TO" and "FROM" columns are correct on the computer on
which it was sent. However, on the other computer my name, which should be
in the "FROM" column is in to "TO" column and the "FROM" column is blank.

Is there a way to uninstall all of OE and reinstall it? I could then
re-subscribe to all the hotmail and other accounts.

> I'm still not sure what the problem is.

> The only Hotmail folder in OE that has a TO column available is (Hotmail)
> Sent Items.  If you're placing the copy of a message in a non-Hotmail
folder
> (e.g., a Local folder), both the TO and FROM columns may be available.
> --
> ~PA Bear

> > Yes re more than one hotmail.
> > No msn account (there used to be one years ago).
> > No MSN premium accounts involved.

> > > Are you using more than one Hotmail account on both machines?

> > > mix of the two?

> > > Is an MSN Premium subscription included with your shaw.ca ISP account?
> > > --
> > > ~PA Bear

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by PA Bea » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 08:20:30

Are both Hotmail accounts running in OE on both machines?  If so, are there
two (2) sets of Hotmail folders in OE?

Are you referring to the TO and FROM columns in Hotmail Inbox folder or
another folder?

No need to uninstall/reinstall to test this.  Try the account(s) in a new
Named Identity (File > Identities > Add new identity).  Assuming all is
well, import messages from the old Identity's local folders* before deleting
it (File > Identities > Manage Identities).

[I would also go to IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites and "Allow
Cookies" for both hotmail.com and live.com.]

To avoid such corruption in future:

- Don't use the local folders Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move
them to local folders created for this purpose.

- Empty the local Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline".  More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

- Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if
Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only).

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.

* Don't bother importing any of the Hotmail folders or the local folders
Deleted Items and Sent Items (which should be empty anyway).
--
~PA Bear

----- Yes

----- Hotmail

----- I added a new identity and installed my hotmail account. The messages all had the problem I complained of so I did not go to the next step.

----- I do not store hotmail messages in my local folders. I do have some of my ISP account suff in those, However, there are not many e-mails in those folders. Is this what you mean?

----- How is this done?

----- I don't.

----- Why is that?

----- I haven't gotten that far.

> Are both Hotmail accounts running in OE on both machines?  If so, are there
> two (2) sets of Hotmail folders in OE?

> Are you referring to the TO and FROM columns in Hotmail Inbox folder or
> another folder?

> No need to uninstall/reinstall to test this.  Try the account(s) in a new
> Named Identity (File > Identities > Add new identity).  Assuming all is
> well, import messages from the old Identity's local folders* before deleting
> it (File > Identities > Manage Identities).

> [I would also go to IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites and "Allow
> Cookies" for both hotmail.com and live.com.]

> To avoid such corruption in future:

> - Don't use the local folders Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move
> them to local folders created for this purpose.

> - Empty the local Deleted Items folder daily.

> - Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
> compact of all OE folders while "working offline".  More at
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

> - Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if
> Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only).

> - Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
> corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.

> * Don't bother importing any of the Hotmail folders or the local folders
> Deleted Items and Sent Items (which should be empty anyway).
> --
> ~PA Bear

> > To be clear, the "TO" and "FROM" columns are correct on the computer on
> > which it was sent. However, on the other computer my name, which should be
> > in the "FROM" column is in to "TO" column and the "FROM" column is blank.

> > Is there a way to uninstall all of OE and reinstall it? I could then
> > re-subscribe to all the hotmail and other accounts.

> > > I'm still not sure what the problem is.

> > > The only Hotmail folder in OE that has a TO column available is
> > > (Hotmail) Sent Items.  If you're placing the copy of a message in a
> > > non-Hotmail folder (e.g., a Local folder), both the TO and FROM columns
> > > may be available. --
> > > ~PA Bear

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:10:09

Any ideas?

> [...]

> --
> ~PA Bear

> > To be clear, the "TO" and "FROM" columns are correct on the computer on
> > which it was sent. However, on the other computer my name, which should
be
> > in the "FROM" column is in to "TO" column and the "FROM" column is
blank.

> > Is there a way to uninstall all of OE and reinstall it? I could then
> > re-subscribe to all the hotmail and other accounts.

> > > I'm still not sure what the problem is.

> > > The only Hotmail folder in OE that has a TO column available is
> > > (Hotmail) Sent Items.  If you're placing the copy of a message in a
> > > non-Hotmail folder (e.g., a Local folder), both the TO and FROM
columns
> > > may be available. --
> > > ~PA Bear

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Shaw New » Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:45:08

What would be involved with uninstalling OE and reinstalling it?

> [...]

> > - Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause
such
> > corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.

> > * Don't bother importing any of the Hotmail folders or the local folders
> > Deleted Items and Sent Items (which should be empty anyway).
> > --
> > ~PA Bear

> > > To be clear, the "TO" and "FROM" columns are correct on the computer
on
> > > which it was sent. However, on the other computer my name, which
should
> be
> > > in the "FROM" column is in to "TO" column and the "FROM" column is
> blank.

> > > Is there a way to uninstall all of OE and reinstall it? I could then
> > > re-subscribe to all the hotmail and other accounts.

accounts,

VSOP,

> message

> saved
> other

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Anna » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:12:01

it is a default feature when you send e-mail in your hm account through outlook

=)

> Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
> computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
> column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

> The same thing happens on both computers.

> When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to another
> hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from" and "to"
> columns are then properly displayed.

> As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice - one of
> which displays properly on one computer while the other displays properly on
> the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

Post by Tom Willet » Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:34:00

Since this is an Outlook Express newsgroup, how is this related to Outlook?

> it is a default feature when you send e-mail in your hm account through
> outlook

> =)

>> Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
>> computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
>> column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

>> The same thing happens on both computers.

>> When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to
>> another
>> hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from" and "to"
>> columns are then properly displayed.

>> As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice - one
>> of
>> which displays properly on one computer while the other displays properly
>> on
>> the other computer.

hotmail - sent items - lists "from" in the "to"column

hi tom.. we discuss outlook that is.. I think.. =)

Post by <Dono.. » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:05:37

>> it is a default feature when you send e-mail in your hm account through
>> outlook

>> =)

>>> Here's the problem: I have 2 computers. When I send a message on one
>>> computer and display it later on the other it has my name in the "to"
>>> column, rather than in the "from" column. The "from" column is blank.

>>> The same thing happens on both computers.

>>> When a message is copied from "sent items" in one hotmail account to
>>> another
>>> hotmail account, and then copied or moved back again, the "from" and
>>> "to"
>>> columns are then properly displayed.

>>> As a result, under "sent items" I have each sent e-mail saved twice -
>>> one of
>>> which displays properly on one computer while the other displays
>>> properly on
>>> the other computer.

1. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
(and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
Right ... ??

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via email
if possible.

2. Help finding updated ntio.sys

3. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

4. usb port in windows XP

5. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

6. Cant write CDs With mycomputer

7. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"

8. Chat

9. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

10. "Send Link" and "Send Page" disappeared

11. IE 6 won't recognize "send web page" or "send link"

12. Moving sent mail to "Sent" folder on IMAP not to "Out"???

13. "ActiveX" and "plug-ins" message