easily change proxy settings using an INS file???

easily change proxy settings using an INS file???

Post by Allan Tho » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi...

I am trying to setup two INS files that would allow a user to
"execute" and change their proxy setting to allow them to get to a
specific site, but then click on another INS file to change back to
their regular proxy settings.

I have created the two INS files and associated CAB files but I can't
get them to work.

Can you simply execute an INS file and then re-configures IE based on
the INS settings? or am i missing something

1. Changing IE Internet Options using ins settings

I have gone through the IEAK documentation (including insref.xls) looking
for how to change the 'connections' settings for IE's internet options when
the ins file is run. Specifically, I'd like to have the "Dial-Up settings"
be defaulted to only dial whenever a network connection is not present. I
could not figure out what entry and setting in the ins file would accomplish
this. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how? Or, should I be
looking at trying to install Microsoft's connection manager?

Robert Thomson

--
Find the best Places2Eat in Florida
http://www.places2eat.com

2. Composers/CD-ROM/info-request

3. Set proxy settings easily - often

4. Sir i buy a cd but his serial number is not there

5. Changes to Security Settings in .ins File Do Not Take Effect

6. Not connected

7. IEAK 5 : Changes to Security Settings in .ins File Do Not Take Effect

8. $$$ Netscape's Assembler Bug??? $$$

9. How do I find the proxy server when I am using a proxy.pac file

10. unable to change "read only" setting on all files using XP home

11. Internet Communication Settings ".ins" File

12. mail settings - ins file

13. Settings in .INS files for Dial Up accounts, help please?