can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by lynd » Thu, 08 May 2003 00:11:20

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by TonyKlei » Thu, 08 May 2003 00:17:48

The most frequent cause of this is too many Temporary Internet files in your
Internet Explorer cache.

Go To Tools/Internet Options, and select 'delete files'.

Here's a little tip:

Go to tools/Internet Options, advanced tab, security,  and check " Empty
Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed".

That way you'll never need to remind yourself.
--

Cheers,  Tony

NOTE:  Please reply to the group,  and not to me personally.

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by lynd » Thu, 08 May 2003 00:49:50

tried deleting files and cookies-no luck, when i go to
view & source, souce is not greyed out but a new window
with the source code doesn't open.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>The most frequent cause of this is too many Temporary

Internet files in your
>Internet Explorer cache.

>Go To Tools/Internet Options, and select 'delete files'.

>Here's a little tip:

>Go to tools/Internet Options, advanced tab, security,
and check " Empty
>Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed".

>That way you'll never need to remind yourself.
>--

>Cheers,  Tony

>NOTE:  Please reply to the group,  and not to me
personally.

>.

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by TonyKlei » Thu, 08 May 2003 01:17:27

OK,  have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306907 : Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on
the View Menu in Internet Explorer (Q306907)

Also, there could possibly be a restriction in place:

Go to Start/run,  and type Regedit

Next, go to Edit/Find, and do a keyword search for a value  noviewsource
If that exists, delete it or set it to 0.

--

Cheers,  Tony

NOTE:  Please reply to the group,  and not to me personally.

> tried deleting files and cookies-no luck, when i go to
> view & source, souce is not greyed out but a new window
> with the source code doesn't open.

Post by Nick » Thu, 08 May 2003 01:30:22

If you have a shortcut on your Desktop for Notepad, rename it to something
else. Also I have read in the newsgroups that Quick View can also cause this
problem.

> > tried deleting files and cookies-no luck, when i go to
> > view & source, souce is not greyed out but a new window
> > with the source code doesn't open.

Post by Mike Burges » Thu, 08 May 2003 06:37:58

Lynda,
There may be several reasons .........

1) If a shortcut exists on the Desktop for Notepad, rename it.
2) Some users have reported Quick View Plus to be the culprit?
[or]
Close all instances of OE and IE
Control Panel | Internet Options | General tab | Delete Files button
Also select the option: "Delete all offline files"
Then click the "Clear History" button, while you're at it ......
Reset the TIF cache size to 50 mb. Click Apply\Ok

[more info]
Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on the View Menu in IE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306907

For "https" pages:
Make sure 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' is unchecked
Internet Options | Advanced
_______________________________________
Mike Burgess   http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 5-04-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by Andrew McBrid » Thu, 08 May 2003 09:02:41

Dont know why but renaming my notepad shortcut on my desktop worked...

> Lynda,
> There may be several reasons .........

> 1) If a shortcut exists on the Desktop for Notepad, rename it.
> 2) Some users have reported Quick View Plus to be the culprit?
> [or]
> Close all instances of OE and IE
> Control Panel | Internet Options | General tab | Delete Files button
> Also select the option: "Delete all offline files"
> Then click the "Clear History" button, while you're at it ......
> Reset the TIF cache size to 50 mb. Click Apply\Ok

> [more info]
> Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on the View Menu in IE
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306907

> For "https" pages:
> Make sure 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' is unchecked
> Internet Options | Advanced
> _______________________________________
> Mike Burgess   http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
> Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 5-04-03]
> Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> --

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by tony » Thu, 08 May 2003 10:13:46

You can try WebPage Spy(http://www.webpagespy.com) to view not only HTML
source but also page's external scripts and stylesheet's source.

can't view source code from ie6 view menu?

Post by Mike Burges » Thu, 08 May 2003 21:05:48

Andrew,
You're welcome ..... glad to see you have things resolved.