Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by dereksampso » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:22:12

I have exported from OE 6 and it appears that it did work. However, I am
unable to find the file. Does someone know where this file is stored? and
what the file extension is?

Thank you

Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by dereksampso » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:26:29

I have exported from OE 6, via the export tab and it appears it does
something. I am not able to find the exported file?

Can someone assit me in finding this file? Also, what file extension is used?

Many thanks

Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by Bruce Hage » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:34:49

What file did you export?

See these links for instructions:

Backup and Restore:

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/

http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

    Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
        ~IB-CA~

Quote:>I have exported from OE 6 and it appears that it did work. However, I am
> unable to find the file. Does someone know where this file is stored? and
> what the file extension is?

> Thank you

Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by PA Bea » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:09:48

Is Outlook installed on the machine?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

> I have exported from OE 6 and it appears that it did work. However, I am
> unable to find the file. Does someone know where this file is stored? and
> what the file extension is?

> Thank you

Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by dereksampso » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:09:02

Yes, I have outlook installed on this machine.

> Is Outlook installed on the machine?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

> > I have exported from OE 6 and it appears that it did work. However, I am
> > unable to find the file. Does someone know where this file is stored? and
> > what the file extension is?

> > Thank you

Exporting from OE 6 to Outlook

Post by dereksampso » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:16:02

It seems you have to have Outlook open at the same time as you are exporting
from OE. It has worked. I assumed that a file would be created from OE so you
could then import into Outlook.

Thanks All for your help...it is very much appreciated.

Derek