JPEG Files in IE 6.0 - Opening in Multiple Windows

JPEG Files in IE 6.0 - Opening in Multiple Windows

Post by Jeff Prevos » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:08:49

I recently upgraded from IE 5.0 to 6.0.  In 5.0, when I
opened multiple .JPEG files at once, they all opened in the
same window.  Now, with 6.0, each file is opening a new IE
window. I would ideally like to go back to the old way, as
I am often opening 30-40 files at a time.

Any suggestions or assistance you can provide would be
greatly appreciated.

JP

JPEG Files in IE 6.0 - Opening in Multiple Windows

Post by Jim » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:48:09

Go to My Computer. Go to Tools-Folder Options (in WinME)
or View-Folder Options (in Win98) and under Browse Folders
you will find the solution.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I recently upgraded from IE 5.0 to 6.0.  In 5.0, when I
>opened multiple .JPEG files at once, they all opened in
the
>same window.  Now, with 6.0, each file is opening a new IE
>window. I would ideally like to go back to the old way, as
>I am often opening 30-40 files at a time.

>Any suggestions or assistance you can provide would be
>greatly appreciated.

>JP
>.

JPEG Files in IE 6.0 - Opening in Multiple Windows

Post by Jon Kenned » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:28:20

See this article for possible help:

Opening Picture Files Opens New Instances of Internet Explorer
http://www.veryComputer.com/;EN-US;q199292
(Should also apply to IE 6)

--

Jon R. Kennedy
C*te, NC, USA

> I recently upgraded from IE 5.0 to 6.0.  In 5.0, when I
> opened multiple .JPEG files at once, they all opened in the
> same window.  Now, with 6.0, each file is opening a new IE
> window. I would ideally like to go back to the old way, as
> I am often opening 30-40 files at a time.

> Any suggestions or assistance you can provide would be
> greatly appreciated.

> JP

1. Opening Jpegs in IE 6 - how to stop opening multiple windows

In old version of IE, I could go to my Jpeg folder and select all then OPEN
and they would open in a single browser window so I could use back and
forward buttons to view my pix.  Now since installing IE 6 it opens a new
browser for each pix.   I have the Advanced setting set to Open in a single
window.

please advise

jeanette

2. please help

3. IE 6.0 won't play my music/plug-ins

4. XP freezes

5. IE Won't play my music/plug-ins after uninstalling 6.0

6. adobe

7. Multiple DUN connections when using INS files

8. transferring files from old computer

9. opening multiple jpeg files with IE

10. Open multiple jpeg files in a single IE browser

11. IE 6.0 opens a jpeg attachment in a new window and can't save it

12. IE 4.01 INS File Refuses To Change HOMEPAGE Only...

13. IE, Kiosk, and the subsequent INS file