http://*?http://* Errors

Post by HC » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:36:49

Hello,

IExplorer seems to have trouble processing any URL that
contains a question mark in it, which are apparently
utilized by some web sites to record referral data (i.e.,
http://rd.yahoo.com/movies/top/features/reddragon/?
http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/reddragondvd.html).
On my system, these web sites are not displayed, and I
receive a Cannot Find Server / The Page Cannot Be
Displayed error.

I have reset all options back to default, including
security and permissions. Other computers seem to have no
trouble accessing these URLs. Does anyone else have a
similar problem?

Thanks!

-HC

http://*?http://* Errors

Post by Mike Burges » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:56:39

HC,
Open Regedit to the following location and verify your settings (entries)
are correct.
--
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\DefaultPre

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\Prefixes]
"ftp"="ftp://"
"gopher"="gopher://"
"home"="http://"
"mosaic"="http://"
"www"="http://"
--
It may be possible that your Yahoo Toolbar is damaged?
--

127.0.0.1  rd.yahoo.com
_______________________________________

Quote:> Hello,

> IExplorer seems to have trouble processing any URL that
> contains a question mark in it, which are apparently
> utilized by some web sites to record referral data (i.e.,
> http://rd.yahoo.com/movies/top/features/reddragon/?
> http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/reddragondvd.html).
> On my system, these web sites are not displayed, and I
> receive a Cannot Find Server / The Page Cannot Be
> Displayed error.

> I have reset all options back to default, including
> security and permissions. Other computers seem to have no
> trouble accessing these URLs. Does anyone else have a
> similar problem?

> Thanks!

> -HC

1. Mixed content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error message

While showing HTTP content of another website in Secured
(HTTPS) website, Default IE setting ask confirmation box.
If you say NO to show mixed content, browser window
shows 'Action canceled' error at place of HTTP content.
Can we show our own page instead of default error page ?
How can we read that User said NO to show mixed content ?
I am using ASP for server side scripting. Any help
appreciated.

2. I cannot format any discs

3. Mixed Content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error

4. Computer freeze

5. Acces HTTPS sites only....NO HTTP!

6. back in the days

7. HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

8. Media player USB HID

9. IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

10. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

11. Contacting HTTP and HTTPS servers with any browser: problem!

12. How do you determine a HTTP vs HTTPS request for reverse proxy?

13. HTTP/HTTPS Problem in IE5 - At Wit's End