IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

Post by Alex » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:34:37

Inexplicably, on Friday, April 18 my IE6.0 began to
display the dreaded "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error.

Now I cannot access any http website. EXCEPT those
websites that start with "HTTPS".

Interestingly, my MSExchange email application also
stopped working correctly.  Now it will not display
pictures in my emails.  Plain white rectangles appear
where pictures belong.

Just prior to this problem occuring, a search engine
(ignphrases) took over my browser by replacing my MSN home
page. I wonder of that had something to do with this
problem.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  If so, were you
able to fix it?  How?

Thanks !!!

-Alex-

IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

Post by Mike Burges » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:12:50

Alex,
How did you remove IGetNet?
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/IGetNet.html
--
Check for Spyware | Adware | Parasites | Dialers | Hijackers | Trojans:
--

Quote:> Inexplicably, on Friday, April 18 my IE6.0 began to
> display the dreaded "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error.

> Now I cannot access any http website. EXCEPT those
> websites that start with "HTTPS".

> Interestingly, my MSExchange email application also
> stopped working correctly.  Now it will not display
> pictures in my emails.  Plain white rectangles appear
> where pictures belong.

> Just prior to this problem occuring, a search engine
> (ignphrases) took over my browser by replacing my MSN home
> page. I wonder of that had something to do with this
> problem.

> Has anyone else had a similar experience?  If so, were you
> able to fix it?  How?

> Thanks !!!

> -Alex-

1. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

I bought and installe XP home edition.

In the IE I am not able to connect to http:// pages, but I
can connect to https:// pages.

I have reset all options to standard (zones, cookies etc.).
When I use another browser (ie opera) everithing works
fine.

I used the wizzrd to configure the network,

I tested the ADSL hub/router, etc.

I conclude : my connections are OK but something prevents
the use of non secure pages.

Any suggestions?

brdi

2. Longshine LCS-8634

3. 'Page Cannot be displayed' error on https pages

4. Reboot when not wanted....

5. IE6 Wont display any page with *http/ WHY??????

6. Unable to use power scheme settings

7. HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

8. FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT FREE DISK SPACE FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

9. IE6 does not load pages unless I input http://

10. HTTP request encoding in the page that generated by other frame page

11. Using paged Datagrids in HTTPS secured pages

12. https sites: cannot display page

13. Why do I get a "page cannot be displayed" error using https.