Free Hotmail send ability going away in April 2005 and my SMTP port 25 is blocked

Free Hotmail send ability going away in April 2005 and my SMTP port 25 is blocked

Post by Tom Koc » Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:10:24

Quote:> Hotmail free usage with OE ends April 2005 and I have no port 25;
> thus, I need a new way to send emails with OE.

> I am currently using OE to send email using free Hotmail. I use Yahoo
> POP3 to receive email. I use an ISP (Juno) that blocks SMTP port 25. I
> also use an old release of Juno that uses a proprietory software
> program to send and receive email (In addition, POP3 works;SMTP does
> not). I do not care to use the Juno email software. When I do, it
> unconditionally loads adverti*ts to my PC. Not acceptable!
> Anyone know of another alternative ?

A decent ISP?

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch - MVP for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express

Free Hotmail send ability going away in April 2005 and my SMTP port 25 is blocked

Post by N. Mille » Sat, 09 Oct 2004 18:26:03

says...

Quote:> Hotmail free usage with OE ends April 2005 and I have no port 25; thus,
> I need a new way to send emails with OE.
> I am currently using OE to send email using free Hotmail. I use Yahoo
> POP3 to receive email. I use an ISP (Juno) that blocks SMTP port 25. I
> also use an old release of Juno that uses a proprietory software
> program to send and receive email (In addition, POP3 works;SMTP does
> not). I do not care to use the Juno email software. When I do, it
> unconditionally loads adverti*ts to my PC. Not acceptable!
> Anyone know of another alternative ?

There are none. (In the context of your earlier post; two was one more than
necessary.)

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain