HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

Post by Iain Howar » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:58:03

Every security site visited where the browser goes onto
HTTPS security the browser displays a "Page cannot be
found"

When tried one IE5 there is no problems!

This problem is consistent with any machine running IE6.
We are behind a proxy server.  It also happens when not
using Proxy server.

However,  Tried Uninstalling IE6 to IE5 and That proves to
be a great hassle as well!

Any suggestions?

Iain Howard

HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

Post by Levent Besik [MS » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:26:44

Try this: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites

-Levent
Windows Client Platform Team

Quote:> Every security site visited where the browser goes onto
> HTTPS security the browser displays a "Page cannot be
> found"

> When tried one IE5 there is no problems!

> This problem is consistent with any machine running IE6.
> We are behind a proxy server.  It also happens when not
> using Proxy server.

> However,  Tried Uninstalling IE6 to IE5 and That proves to
> be a great hassle as well!

> Any suggestions?

> Iain Howard

1. IE6 "Cannot find Server" or "Page cannot be displayed"

Since the beginning of the month of February, I have been
getting on a regular basis the two above errors.  I am
trying to visit various site that I usually do.  The way
I have been contourning this error, I sign out, then re-
sign in and then I could see the page I was looking for.

Does this happen to other user, does anyone have any idea
why this happen?

Thank you.

2. Modem Problem

3. "The page cannot be displayed" "Cannot find server or DNS error"

4. CD

5. "Cannot find server" "The page cannot be displayed"

6. Help

7. Why do I get a "page cannot be displayed" error using https.

8. XP and Office/Access 97

9. "cannot find server" and "could not open the search page"

10. Windows Update Receives Error "<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONT"

11. IE doesn't understand addresses without "www" or "http"?

12. HTTP "get" and "post" Hangs

13. Netscape can access "HTTP://" but not "FTP://" ...