Bad address indication

Post by J Ma » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:20:55

I always get a message back if I email someone but it is a bad address.
My friend, who has Adelphia, never gets one.  I told her the difference
was that I have Bellsouth DSL versus her Adelphia.  But Adelphia said
there was someway to make that happen via Outlook Express.

Could that be right???

Thanks

Bad address indication

Post by Bruce Hage » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:43:32

Those replies come from the ISP. There is nothing in OE to make that happen.
--
    Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

Quote:>I always get a message back if I email someone but it is a bad address.
> My friend, who has Adelphia, never gets one.  I told her the difference
> was that I have Bellsouth DSL versus her Adelphia.  But Adelphia said
> there was someway to make that happen via Outlook Express.

> Could that be right???

> Thanks

Bad address indication

Post by N. Mille » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:15:18

> I always get a message back if I email someone but it is a bad address.
> My friend, who has Adelphia, never gets one.  I told her the difference
> was that I have Bellsouth DSL versus her Adelphia.  But Adelphia said
> there was someway to make that happen via Outlook Express.

> Could that be right???

> Thanks

No. MSOE submits the email to the SMTP sever for delivery. Bellsouth
servers either relay the message on to the destination, or return the
message to the sender if the delivery attempt fails. There is no telling
what Adelphia is doing.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Bad address indication

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:33:18

Have her check Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, General and make sure
that the e-mail address there is correct.

Also, it's possible that spam filters are filtering out the bounced
mail.  This could be happening at her ISP if they do spam filtering.  Or
at her PC if she has installed a spam filter.  Most bounced mail is
bogus.  Some of it are viruses pretending top be returned mail and many
are bounces from mails sent by spammers of viruses to other people using
your e-mail address as the sender.  So it's possible a genuine bounced
mail can get filtered with the bogus.

Quote:>I always get a message back if I email someone but it is a bad address.
> My friend, who has Adelphia, never gets one.  I told her the
> difference
> was that I have Bellsouth DSL versus her Adelphia.  But Adelphia said
> there was someway to make that happen via Outlook Express.

> Could that be right???

> Thanks

1. Please help: Upgrade to XP pro (from home) gone bad, bad bad

I was upgrading from xp home to xp professional, and I
have no clue on what the heck happened.

Problems:
1. Rather than an upgrade, i have dual boot options (xp
pro and xp home)
2. when i go to xp pro, it goes to a blue screen and
shuts down. i attempt to re-upgrade, but it always shuts
down.  i don't get an error message or funky error
numbers.

when i go to xp home, things are screwed up.  i can't fix
my screen resolution to 1024 x (whatever).  its stuck on
800X600 and i can't barely see a thing.

i actually created a restore point prior to upgrading it,
and when i went to restore to that point, it was not
there.

i called microsoft support and they are conveniently not
there on a friday night...but i conveniently spend
hundreds of dollars on this upgrade that is an upgrade
from hell.

please...i need help :)
thanks
nadia