0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by Bruce E. Breedin » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:39:19

Receiving this error message:
The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
Protocol: HTTPMail,
Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC35

User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but any
sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.  [Yes,
the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a) this
has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I understand
it, are allowed more emails per day.]

I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed for
any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to remove
reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier "running
okay" date.

Any other suggestions?

I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

Bruce
--
Bruce E. Breeding

PO Box 867238
Plano, TX  75086-7238
972.208.9162
FAX 972.491.1897

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by Bruce Hage » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:41:33

See if this KB article helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ311022
--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

> Receiving this error message:
> The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
> Account: 'Hotmail',
> Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
> Protocol: HTTPMail,
> Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
> Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC35

> User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
> http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
> Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but any
> sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

> The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.  [Yes,
> the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a)
> this
> has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I understand
> it, are allowed more emails per day.]

> I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed for
> any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to
> remove
> reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier
> "running
> okay" date.

> Any other suggestions?

> I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

> Bruce
> --
> Bruce E. Breeding

> PO Box 867238
> Plano, TX  75086-7238
> 972.208.9162
> FAX 972.491.1897

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by Bruce E. Breedin » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:03:50

I read the linked article 311022.

User has only one identity in OE, and has only one hotmail account set up in
OE (and only has one hotmail account).

B. Breeding

> See if this KB article helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ311022
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>               ~IB-CA~

> > Receiving this error message:
> > The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
> > Account: 'Hotmail',
> > Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
> > Protocol: HTTPMail,
> > Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
> > Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
> > Error Number: 0x800CCC35

> > User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
> > http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
> > Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but
any
> > sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

> > The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.
[Yes,
> > the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a)
> > this
> > has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I
understand
> > it, are allowed more emails per day.]

> > I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed
for
> > any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to
> > remove
> > reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier
> > "running
> > okay" date.

> > Any other suggestions?

> > I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

> > Bruce
> > --
> > Bruce E. Breeding

> > PO Box 867238
> > Plano, TX  75086-7238
> > 972.208.9162
> > FAX 972.491.1897

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by PA Bea » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:36:01

IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > type in

    hotmail.com

and Allow Cookies.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

> Receiving this error message:
> The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
> Account: 'Hotmail',
> Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
> Protocol: HTTPMail,
> Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
> Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC35

> User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
> http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
> Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but any
> sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

> The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.  [Yes,
> the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a) this
> has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I understand
> it, are allowed more emails per day.]

> I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed for
> any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to remove
> reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier "running
> okay" date.

> Any other suggestions?

> I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

> Bruce

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by Bruce E. Breedin » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:23:28

I've already done both of these, to no avail ...

> IE Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > type in

>     hotmail.com

> and Allow Cookies.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

> > Receiving this error message:
> > The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
> > Account: 'Hotmail',
> > Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
> > Protocol: HTTPMail,
> > Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
> > Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
> > Error Number: 0x800CCC35

> > User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
> > http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
> > Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but
any
> > sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

> > The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.
[Yes,
> > the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a)
this
> > has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I
understand
> > it, are allowed more emails per day.]

> > I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed
for
> > any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to
remove
> > reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier
"running
> > okay" date.

> > Any other suggestions?

> > I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

> > Bruce

0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Post by Bruce E. Breedin » Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:37:17

After waiting the requisite 24 hours (based on the "too many emails in one
24 hour period" theory), the emails were indeed sent successfully.

Thank you for the various suggestions.

I have separately written hotmail about the situation ... and if I get a
reply back from them, I will post it here if it provides further insight.

Bruce
--
Bruce E. Breeding
PO Box 867238

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 23 Mar 2006 05:21:03

> After waiting the requisite 24 hours (based on the "too many emails in one
> 24 hour period" theory), the emails were indeed sent successfully.

> Thank you for the various suggestions.

> I have separately written hotmail about the situation ... and if I get a
> reply back from them, I will post it here if it provides further insight.

Don't hold your breath.  We won't either.
--
~PA Bear