Exporting and Importing Newsgroup messages

Exporting and Importing Newsgroup messages

Post by Amauri Kirchne » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 00:27:03

Hi,

I have a whole bunch of newsgroups and their related messages and I need to
export them and restore them in another machine.

How do I accomplish this?
Thanks

M. Kirchner

Exporting and Importing Newsgroup messages

Post by Kay Arche » Mon, 02 Sep 2002 01:06:19

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q270670

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a whole bunch of newsgroups and their related messages and I need
> export them and restore them in another machine.

> How do I accomplish this?
> Thanks

> M. Kirchner

1. Importing / exporting messages.

Greetings

I've reinstalled my system but backed up my email messages beforehand by
copying the the .dbx files and the rest that was in that folder.

I did ths successfully before but I can't remember how I did it. I know it's
not as simple as pasting them back in the new folder because outlook express
will just duplicate the files by renaming them with a (1) in the titles.
What are the steps needed to do this?

ALSO since setting up my new outlook express I have since downloaded new
messages so if I replace the new .dbx files with the old ones I'll just lose
the new messages won't I?. So how can I export them and then import the back
in AFTER I've imported the old ones so I have the old and new messages
together?  I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for your attention and any help or advice you can give me.

David

2. Nwlnkpx ??? Help!!

3. Exporting and Importing Messages

4. upgraded motherboard, xp wont start

5. Export/Import Messages from Outlook Express

6. WindowsXP final modem drivers

7. Reformatting, export/importing messages

8. Help with remote file transfer using Robocopy and WinAT

9. Exporting and Importing Message rules

10. Import/Export Message

11. Help--Can't import or Export Messages

12. Exporting/Importing Messages

13. help Can't import/export messages - MAPI error