New Message Window

Post by Bruce Hage » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 06:07:19

If it shows in Sent Items, it was received by your ISP.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

If still no joy, you may have a damaged identity especially if it is the
default Main Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one
and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the old
identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169

General Outlook Express advice:

Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
corrupt. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and move your
mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user created
folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.

After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
working *offline* and do it often.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything until
the compacting is completed.

In Tools | Options | Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently.

Clear the Temporary Internet Files often. In IE | Tools | Internet Options |
Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

And backup often.

Backup and Restore:

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/

http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
              ~IB-CA~

Quote:> Normally, when you send an email, the New Message Window closes after you
> hit
> the Send button. However, sometimes, when I send an email, the Mew Message
> Window remains open, although the message appears to have gone through (in
> fact it gets scanned by the antivirus, and it is copied in the sent items
> folder). However, I always remain with a doubt wheter the mail has gone
> through or not, and I send it again. Any clue why this may be happening?
> F.Y.I. I use an IMAP server.

New Message Window

Post by Barattolo_6 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:05:02

Thanks. I have deactivated email scanning. Let's see how it goes.

"Bruce Hagen" ha scritto:

> If it shows in Sent Items, it was received by your ISP.

> Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
> of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
> time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
> continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
> http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

> If still no joy, you may have a damaged identity especially if it is the
> default Main Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one
> and test it. If all is well, you can import your messages from the old
> identity and delete it.

> How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169

> General Outlook Express advice:

> Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
> corrupt. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and move your
> mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user created
> folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.

> After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
> working *offline* and do it often.

> Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
> open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
> Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything until
> the compacting is completed.

> In Tools | Options | Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
> leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.

> Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
> of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
> time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
> continue to protect you sufficiently.

> Clear the Temporary Internet Files often. In IE | Tools | Internet Options |
> Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

> And backup often.

> Backup and Restore:

> http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/

> http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

> --
>            Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - Outlook Express
>               ~IB-CA~

> > Normally, when you send an email, the New Message Window closes after you
> > hit
> > the Send button. However, sometimes, when I send an email, the Mew Message
> > Window remains open, although the message appears to have gone through (in
> > fact it gets scanned by the antivirus, and it is copied in the sent items
> > folder). However, I always remain with a doubt wheter the mail has gone
> > through or not, and I send it again. Any clue why this may be happening?
> > F.Y.I. I use an IMAP server.

New Message Window

Post by brooke bel » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:27:32

ashley

Quote:> Normally, when you send an email, the New Message Window closes after you
> hit
> the Send button. However, sometimes, when I send an email, the Mew Message
> Window remains open, although the message appears to have gone through (in
> fact it gets scanned by the antivirus, and it is copied in the sent items
> folder). However, I always remain with a doubt wheter the mail has gone
> through or not, and I send it again. Any clue why this may be happening?
> F.Y.I. I use an IMAP server.

New Message Window

Post by brooke bel » Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:33:31

how do you do this

> ashley

>> Normally, when you send an email, the New Message Window closes after you
>> hit
>> the Send button. However, sometimes, when I send an email, the Mew
>> Message
>> Window remains open, although the message appears to have gone through
>> (in
>> fact it gets scanned by the antivirus, and it is copied in the sent items
>> folder). However, I always remain with a doubt wheter the mail has gone
>> through or not, and I send it again. Any clue why this may be happening?
>> F.Y.I. I use an IMAP server.

1. New Message Window Remains After Email Sent

After creating a New Message in OE6 and clicking on the
Send button, the email is sent (copy in Sent Items folder
and recipient always receives) but the New Message with
all content remains on the screen.  All updates have been
applied.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. HELP with a serial port getting detected as a "Built-in IR port"

3. Can not open new messages window (create)

4. OE 6 won't start

5. New Message Window

6. SwitchToThread equivalent in Windows-CE

7. Maximize New Message windows automatically

8. How to reinstall msinfo32.exe?

9. Missing toolbar on New Message window

10. New Message Window

11. New Message Window appears off screen

12. New Message Window missing Buttons

13. New Message Window