Reformatting, export/importing messages

Post by Mike » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:25:54

OE6 / XP

I need to reformat and reload my pc.
I want to save all my emails and import them back in when im done.

I went to

Quote:>File
>Export
>Messages

It brings up a window which says "This will export your messages etc."

I click OK  and get an error message which says:

"The export could not be performed
An error occured while initiialng MAPI"

Any ideas??

1. Importing / exporting messages.

Greetings

I've reinstalled my system but backed up my email messages beforehand by
copying the the .dbx files and the rest that was in that folder.

I did ths successfully before but I can't remember how I did it. I know it's
not as simple as pasting them back in the new folder because outlook express
will just duplicate the files by renaming them with a (1) in the titles.
What are the steps needed to do this?

ALSO since setting up my new outlook express I have since downloaded new
messages so if I replace the new .dbx files with the old ones I'll just lose
the new messages won't I?. So how can I export them and then import the back
in AFTER I've imported the old ones so I have the old and new messages
together?  I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for your attention and any help or advice you can give me.

David

2. admin setting

3. Exporting and Importing Messages

4. CE in Portugues

5. Export/Import Messages from Outlook Express

6. Autorestart Using Plus Screensvaer

7. Exporting and Importing Newsgroup messages

8. Exporting and Importing Message rules

9. Import/Export Message

10. Help--Can't import or Export Messages

11. Exporting/Importing Messages

12. help Can't import/export messages - MAPI error