Multiple News Accounts - Reply To Account Received On?

Multiple News Accounts - Reply To Account Received On?

Post by Jason Teagl » Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:35:38

I am in a situation where I'm using two news accounts - one doesn't support
binaries newsgroups (e.g., alt.binaries.3d.poser / alt.binaries.3d.bryce),
the other ONLY carries binaries. Thus, I have some newsgroups subscribed
under one account and some under the other.

My problem is that when I try to reply to a post from group, the news server
OE wants to post it to defaults to whichever is marked as default - which is
not necessarily the one the post was received on. This is a problem since it
then refuses since the group doesn't exist on that other account, and if I
try changing the server to post back to (from the combo supplied), it of
course wipes the group name (yes, I can cut'n'paste the group name to
preserve it but it's a pain). If I start a new post, it uses the correct
server.

Is there a way to force OE to send a reply to a post back to whichever
server it came from, instead of defaulting?

I know OE is a freebie but it's the newsreader used by Outlook which most
certainly was not a freebie! So no-one can accuse me of expecting too much
from a freebie in case it crossed their minds {:v)

Jason Teagle

Multiple News Accounts - Reply To Account Received On?

Post by PA Bea » Fri, 09 Jan 2004 06:23:20

See this discussion:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#acctwatch
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Protect Your PC

> I am in a situation where I'm using two news accounts - one doesn't
> support binaries newsgroups (e.g., alt.binaries.3d.poser /
> alt.binaries.3d.bryce), the other ONLY carries binaries. Thus, I have
> some newsgroups subscribed under one account and some under the other.

> My problem is that when I try to reply to a post from group, the news
> server OE wants to post it to defaults to whichever is marked as default
> - which is not necessarily the one the post was received on. This is a
> problem since it then refuses since the group doesn't exist on that other
> account, and if I try changing the server to post back to (from the combo
> supplied), it of course wipes the group name (yes, I can cut'n'paste the
> group name to preserve it but it's a pain). If I start a new post, it
> uses the correct server.

> Is there a way to force OE to send a reply to a post back to whichever
> server it came from, instead of defaulting?

> I know OE is a freebie but it's the newsreader used by Outlook which most
> certainly was not a freebie! So no-one can accuse me of expecting too much
> from a freebie in case it crossed their minds {:v)

> --

Multiple News Accounts - Reply To Account Received On?

Post by Jason Teagl » Sat, 10 Jan 2004 03:48:09

Quote:> See this discussion:
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#acctwatch

Ahhh... thankyou, I'll try that.

Jason Teagle

1. Receiving email from several accounts and replying in the name of the account

When you go to send the reply, click on the little arrow at the side of the
"Send" button and choose the account it was sent to.

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

2. Windows Update reaching 100% .."There are no updates ava ilable" with no error

3. when replying default account is used instead of the account received on

4. Partition HD

5. How do News Accounts Differ from Mail Accounts?

6. HOT SF MM company ISO great talent

7. Creating a new News account in OE6 results in a Mail account!

8. Explorer Problems

9. Wrong newsgroup account selected when sending replies to news msgs.

10. OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

11. Reply Address Selection with multiple Accounts

12. Replying with multiple accounts

13. Out of office reply for multiple accounts in Outlook Express