Outlook Express same e-mail account for multiple users HOW ?

Outlook Express same e-mail account for multiple users HOW ?

Post by Marche » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:54:41

HELP !!!

I'm trying to setup family PC that runs XP Pro in a way that it will use single e-mail
account for all XP user accounts. The following are the details of my attempt:

1) I have MS Outlook 2000 installed in e-mail version to handle my Contacts
synchronization with handheld device through ActiveSync. The handheld does not
use e-mail.
2) I made Outlook Express Address Book to switch and show Contacts from Outlook.
3) I created e-mail account in Outlook 2000 and Express as Administrator.
4) I moved Store Folder to the disk folder that is visible for all potential users accounts
of my PC.
5) I killed Messenger completely (don't need it, uninstalled).

To this point everything works without a problem.

5) I created "User" account.
6) I log off from my account and switched to the user.
7) Attempting to run Outlook Express did not created account - it asked me to run
Outlook 2000 to set up e-mail account.
8) I run Outlook 2000 and recreated identical e-mail account (I have always ON cable
connection).
9) I run Outlook Express to the newly created account and changed Store Folder to
the one that I created under "Administrator" account.
10) Outlook Express recognized that this is another Store Folder, asked if I want to use
this Store Folder settings (I clicked YES) accepted it and demanded to be shut down
and restarted to finish change.
11) After restarting it immediately crashes ( but it still works OK under administrator account).

I want to point out, that I definitely need the ONE AND THE SAME E-MAIL account for every
user of my PC per strict request from my family. They love to be informed by me, when their
e-mail comes because they use home PC rarely. Therefore the solution of separate e-mail
account for each user is no solution for me !
I can give up on Address Book to be same as Contacts with Outlook 2000 or I can
accept, that other users cannot use my address book but must use theirs if this
can be of any help.

If Outlook Express cannot do it, is there any other e-mail reader that can do so for me ?

Jack

Outlook Express same e-mail account for multiple users HOW ?

Post by Ron Somme » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:13:04

If you change the Store Folder 9), you will replace the current files with the new empty files.
After you setup OE, import the admin store folder, then change to the admin store folder.
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm#xp_share_address
--
Ron Sommer

Post by Marche » Wed, 01 May 2002 10:53:42

If you change the Store Folder 9), you will replace the current files with the new empty files.
After you setup OE, import the admin store folder, then change to the admin store folder.
or
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm#xp_share_address
--
Ron Sommer

No luck. Don't you even try this registry trick on NTFS !
It corrupted XP to the point I couldn't boot and need to boot into "Last Known Good Configuration".

Jack