unable to click hyper links

Post by dpressed4 » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:40:02

Please help me as I do not know what went wrong here...  I was using
Microsoft Outlook Express as usuall, but when I went to click on a hyper
link, all of a sudden a box showed up to my documents to save the link.  I
dunno what happened here, and I dunno how to fix it.  What happened and how
do I fix it?  If I install the new windows xp disc I just got will that
correct this?  Please helpme as I'm an older woman with no clue what to do!
Thanks in advance for any help that is given!
--
dpressed42

unable to click hyper links

Post by Bruce Hage » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 12:47:48

Are you using IE7 Beta by any chance?

Courtesy of MVP Robear Dyer:

[Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs >] Set Program Access and Defaults >
Browser: IE *must* be chosen here if you're running IE7 Beta 2 and want such
links to work.

Beta testers of IE7 Public Preview are asked to post their comments to
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general newsgroup.

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg...

In your newsreader:

--
           Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Quote:> Please help me as I do not know what went wrong here...  I was using
> Microsoft Outlook Express as usuall, but when I went to click on a hyper
> link, all of a sudden a box showed up to my documents to save the link.  I
> dunno what happened here, and I dunno how to fix it.  What happened and
> how
> do I fix it?  If I install the new windows xp disc I just got will that
> correct this?  Please helpme as I'm an older woman with no clue what to
> do!
> Thanks in advance for any help that is given!
> --
> dpressed42

1. click CLICK....click CLICK...click CLICK!!!!!!

Hey guys, I've gone through all the categories and didn't
see this issue...every so often my laptop (nec versa sx)
will make this clickCLICK noise (sounds like the noise
windows explorer makes when it navigates "start.wav"). It
is totally random, sometimes 10 times a minute; sometimes
once every couple of minutes. It doesn't seem to be a .wav
file though because it doesn't come through my external
speakers and when I change the sound scheme, it is still
there. What's goin' on?!?!?

2. using tab to complete command line

3. UNABLE TO CLICK ON SOME LINKS AND OPEN THEM

4. distorted sound

5. UNABLE TO CLICK ON LINKS TO BRING UP A RESPONSE WINDOW

6. TV application for Matrox

7. IE locks up after clicking links/buttons about 6 times-fixed by clicking Refresh

8. VB Helper App

9. click click onto a link in email

10. Freezes when link is clicked- (Makes constant clicking noise)

11. Hyper Links ***Director***

12. hyper link to .exe does not work

13. after upgrade to ie6 will not open hyper link