Can't view .eml attachments

Post by witt.. » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:09:18

When I reeive e-mail with and an attached *.eml file, I get
a message that Outlook Express has remove a forbidden
attachment and I am unable to open or view the attachment.

How do I get Outlook Express to leave these attachments alone?

Can't view .eml attachments

Post by Kath Adam » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:13:09

> When I reeive e-mail with and an attached *.eml file, I get
> a message that Outlook Express has remove a forbidden
> attachment and I am unable to open or view the attachment.

> How do I get Outlook Express to leave these attachments alone?

From the Help/Read Me in OE.
Virus protection feature
-------------------------
Virus protection is the answer to renewed interest in the threat of
e-mail viruses. It blocks programmatic sends and lets users specify
if they want to open  or save attachments.  This option to block the
preset list of file types may be accessed via the checkbox under
Tools | Options | Security | "Do not allow attachments to be opened or
saved that could potentially be a virus." This option is enabled by
default for new installations and upgrades.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)