Unsafe attachment error message

Post by Rhond » Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:46:44

"OE removed accessto the following unsafe attachments..."
Why do I get this error message on a previously viewed
attachment, and what, if anything, can be done to remedy
this?

Unsafe attachment error message

Post by Tris » Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:52:47

Quote:> "OE removed accessto the following unsafe attachments..."
> Why do I get this error message on a previously viewed
> attachment, and what, if anything, can be done to remedy
> this?

Tools/Option/Security
Untick 'Do not allow attachments...'

--
Trish
Dublin, Ireland

Unsafe attachment error message

Post by Rhond » Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:53:07

Found previous posts.  No reply necessary.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by mac » Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:53:13

Quote:> "OE removed accessto the following unsafe attachments..."
> Why do I get this error message on a previously viewed
> attachment, and what, if anything, can be done to remedy
> this?

if you go to OE>tools>options>security tab>and remove the
check mark from the 4th one down it may resolve this problem for you.
You could also take a look at the help>read me file in OE and this will
explain the 'problem', under new features in this release.
You could also bookmark the following link, where you can search the
previously asked questions over many years, a very useful site.
 http://www.veryComputer.com/
Every attachment is potentially unsafe even if it is from a known and
trusted
source and IT IS EXPECTED. The Klez virus plays * tricks on the unwary!

Reactivate after reading the attachment.
OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
http://www.veryComputer.com/;en-us;Q291387
I hope the above is of use to you?

1. Error message: unsafe attachments

I recieved an email with the error message "OE removed
access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail"
and then gave the file name (DWG) The file is greyed out
and I cannot save it.  Is the problem at my end or from
the sender???  How do you fix this.....

2. error noticed in CDex - t?

3. "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments" message

4. IE 6 + ASP pages

5. unsafe attachment message from OE

6. Uninstalling NT Server 4.0

7. Viewing removed Access to "unsafe " attachments

8. WFW 3.11 & TCP/IP - Different Emulations??

9. "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mai"l

10. Unsafe Attachment

11. unsafe attachments

12. OE removed unsafe attachments

13. Unsafe Attachments