Can't download compressed files from ftp

Can't download compressed files from ftp

Post by edbale » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:32:25

Ok... after I upgraded to 6.0, my download manager no longer works.  If
there is a compressed file I want to download from a ftp server, for
example, all I get is a placeholder icon.  I tried reinstalling winzip, but
that didn't work.

On some sites, if I am quick enough, I can do a right click and "save as"...
which I did in order to download a 3rd party download manager... and once
installed, I CAN download compressed files from ftp sites.  BUT, I want to
be able to use the one from IE... or Windows 98... where ever it is.  I
don't want to have un-necessary software running if I can help it.

Please advise.

--
Ed Bales
704-643-6070

1. Can't download compressed files

Ok... after I upgraded to 6.0, my download manager no longer works.  If
there is a compressed file I want to download from a ftp server, for
example, all I get is a placeholder icon.  I tried reinstalling winzip, but
that didn't work.

On some sites, if I am quick enough, I can do a right click and "save as"...
which I did in order to download a 3rd party download manager... and once
installed, I CAN download compressed files from ftp sites.  BUT, I want to
be able to use the one from IE... or Windows 98... where ever it is.  I
don't want to have un-necessary software running if I can help it.

--
Ed Bales
704-643-6070

2. Lost Network

3. New Atlas crashes when using Javascript. Please help.

4. ftp Hotfix - ftp download won't work

5. IE6 upgrade doesn't upgrade numerous files

6. ftp problem: can't find a file that I downloaded

7. User Accounts selection in Control Panel

8. Unable to download files from ftp sites (able to download from http)

9. Permanently disabling the Compressed Files 'Feature'...

10. what compressed file formats does 'Extract' work with?

11. Disk Cleanup stops after 'Compress Old Files'

12. Netscape 1.1N won't display Gif's downloaded by FTP or Gopher