web pages do not refresh or update upon each visit to the page

web pages do not refresh or update upon each visit to the page

Post by Kevi » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:57:53

When I go to a web page I've previously visited, I'm
automatically taken to the previous version of the page,
instead of the current version.  I've already made sure
that my "temporary internet file settings" are set to  the
default of checking for newer versions of stored pages
on "every visit to the page."  I've also tried setting
this to "automatically," but this does not work either.

I'm convinced that this is an IE6 problem, not my
computer's problem, as I simultaneously loaded the same
web page on both IE6 and AOL's browser, and got different
versions of the page (AOL had the current version, IE6 had
an older version).

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, what
do you recommend?  Please forward a response to my email

    Kevin