Mark links 'visited' without visiting?

Post by Al Gordo » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:05:03

There is so much information on wiping clean the IE
history, but I actually want to ADD links to the history
folder, links that have not in fact been visited.

I operate a public message forum, and frequently access it
from a number of different computers. The forum lists
about 500 postings on its main page, each one with a
hypertext link to the actual posting. I would like to know
if there is a way that I can mark all those links
as "visited" without actually having to click on every
posting. In other words, I want to add all the links on a
given web page to History (preferably with a single
command) without actually visiting each link.

The reason for this request is that I would like to mark
all existing postings on the forum as being visited, and
then my new postings and answers to them will stand out as
un-visited.

By the way, the forum is driven by wwwboard.pl from Matt's
Script Archive. I can add a function to the server if
that's what it takes (assuming there is no way to do it
from IE).

Any ideas? Thanks,
Al