Page has expired warning

Post by Lim Par » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:45:23

I never had this problem before until very recently, so
I'm sure there is a way to fix this.  Whenever I do a
search, whether it be job sites, or forums, after reading
one of the search results, and if I click the back button
to go back to the search results, it will give me the
following:

Warning: Page has Expired
The page you requested was created using information you
submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As
a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not
automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
the Refresh button.

Is there a setting to fix this so that I won't have to
refresh everytime I go back to the search results?

Thanks.

Page has expired warning

Post by Mark Pewse » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:18:22

The web designer has probably put a header in the page to stop your
browser from caching it. Nothing much you can do.

However, to stop it being a problem I suggest when you have a list of
search results, rather than going back and forth all the time, why not
try either Shift-click to open the link in a new window, or Right-click,
select Open in a new window.

The advantage being that if you browse away over several pages from your
search list, all you have to do is close the one window and you're back
at the list. Much better than Back, Back, Back etc.

Mark
--

| I never had this problem before until very recently, so
| I'm sure there is a way to fix this.  Whenever I do a
| search, whether it be job sites, or forums, after reading
| one of the search results, and if I click the back button
| to go back to the search results, it will give me the
| following:
|
| Warning: Page has Expired
| The page you requested was created using information you
| submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As
| a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not
| automatically resubmit your information for you.
|
| To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
| the Refresh button.
|
| Is there a setting to fix this so that I won't have to
| refresh everytime I go back to the search results?
|
| Thanks.

Page has expired warning

Post by Lim Par » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:54:59

Yeah, I thought of that, and I guess that is the best
method at this point.  Thanks alot!!

1. Warning:Page has Expired...ARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!

I have the EXACT problem described in knowledgebase
article #Q319792 (POST / RE-POST PROBLEM)requiring service
pack 1.  I knew I WAS IN TROUBLE because I HAVE all the
latest service packs for 6.0 and I am still having this $%

(Cannot backpage to RESUBMIT an item, am forced to the
first page to start preliminary search all OVER AGAIN.
(this is happening on an MLS website) Checked the dll in
question, mine is NEWER than the CORRECT one mentioned in
the article.  ARRRGGGHHH reapplied service pack MADE NO
DIFFERENCE please if somebody knows the fix MICROSOFT GUYS
ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!

2. Sound Card Problems

3. Warning: Page has expired

4. Finding class of control that has focus -- Runtime classes fail?

5. Warning:Page Has Expired ?

6. WMDM PMSP Service

7. "Warning: Page has Expired" problem

8. Microsoft Interactive Training