Changing address

Post by Bill Bus » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 01:48:16

How do I change the address on my homepage? I go to toolsand access internet
options, but the address box is grayed out and I can't change it.

--

Changing address

Post by Henri Leboeu » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:54:30

Search the Registry for the value NoBrowserOptions and delete that value or
set its data to 00 00 00 00
--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> How do I change the address on my homepage? I go to toolsand access
internet
> options, but the address box is grayed out and I can't change it.

> --

Changing address

Post by Doug » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:30:21

Where do I find the Registry?  Thanks.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Search the Registry for the value NoBrowserOptions and

delete that value or
>set its data to 00 00 00 00
>--

>Henri Leboeuf
>Web page: http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/index.htm

>> How do I change the address on my homepage? I go to
toolsand access
>internet
>> options, but the address box is grayed out and I can't
change it.

>> --

>.

Changing address

Post by DVarna » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:20:40

Hi Doug,
Try this page: http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/homepage.htm But, some regedit
basics...
To open regedit... From the Start Button> Run> (type in)> regedit> click OK.
Registry editing should be done slowly and carefully. First, as soon as the
registry editor opens, select the My Computer entry, then click on Registry,
then Export. Put that file on the desktop (for now.) If you need to undo a
registry change, doubleclicking that .REG file will restore things to their
previous state.

You navigate to specific keys by clicking on the [+] to expand those keys.
It's similar to working down through folders to get to a file.

Work  carefully, but these are not difficult or (particularly) dangerous
registry changes.

Regards,
Don
- - - - -

> Where do I find the Registry?  Thanks.

Changing address

Post by Doug » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:56:17

Thanks.  It worked like a charm!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Doug,
>Try this page: http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/homepage.htm But,
some regedit
>basics...
>To open regedit... From the Start Button> Run> (type in)>
regedit> click OK.
>Registry editing should be done slowly and carefully.

First, as soon as the
Quote:>registry editor opens, select the My Computer entry, then
click on Registry,
>then Export. Put that file on the desktop (for now.) If
you need to undo a
>registry change, doubleclicking that .REG file will

restore things to their
Quote:>previous state.

>You navigate to specific keys by clicking on the [+] to
expand those keys.
>It's similar to working down through folders to get to a
file.

>Work  carefully, but these are not difficult or

(particularly) dangerous
>registry changes.

>Regards,
>Don
>- - - - -

>> Where do I find the Registry?  Thanks.

1. Explorer address bar behavior change: address no longer "selected"

Hi,

My Explorer(and internet explorer) address bars now behave differently
than before.

Previously, after entering in an address/folder (i.e. C:/), the
address in the address bar would be selected and have the focus.  This
would allow me to then immediately enter in another address (i.e.
WINDOWS) and browse to it.

Now, instead of being selected, the cursor is positioned at the start
of the address bar.  To enter in another address, I have to first
select the text by shift-end/f4/alt-d/esc.

Is this the default behavior for IE 6.0 or XP?  Is there any way to
switch the behavoir back?  The previous input behavior was much
better.  It allowed me to use IE like a shell to browse folders.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

-beau

2. Why can the MPEG files be still compressed?

3. Changing address line search Engine

4. Win. Explorer V.Slow to load

5. changing address book location

6. running older programs

7. Changing Address Book Folder

8. ?GarbledPrintInWin3.1.1

9. change address book path

10. Can't change address bar search engine

11. Change Address Bar Text

12. OE changes address as it sends reply mails

13. change address bar search engine