Reinstalling Outlook Express in XP

Post by Roma » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:49:36

Having Installed Office97 onto XP home, Outlook Express 6
would not link to Office to allow spelling.

Have reinstalled Office 97 incase there was a problem
there - not fixed.

Have tried to reinstall IE6 & OE6 but XP doesn't like this
to happen. Having found KB Article Q318738 How to
Reinstall or Repair IE & OE in WinXP I have Tried Method 2.

After changing the registry keys for both product to
uninstalled (0) I attempt to reinstall but ie.exe still
reports that a current version is on the system. This
occurs still after rebooting as well.

I have tried step 1 of Method 1 as well using sfc /scannow
and this ran without apparent errors.

I'm a little reluctant to follow the next suggestion of an
In-Place Upgrade of XP. Can anyone suggest how to make XP
let me reinstall IE & OE6?

Reinstalling Outlook Express in XP

Post by Steve Cochra » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:43:34

Go to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all startup items and reboot.  Then make sure the correct registry value is set to 0.  Then go back to www.,microsoft.com/windows/ie and download the setup file and then run it and see if it will install then.

steve

> Having Installed Office97 onto XP home, Outlook Express 6
> would not link to Office to allow spelling.

> Have reinstalled Office 97 incase there was a problem
> there - not fixed.

> Have tried to reinstall IE6 & OE6 but XP doesn't like this
> to happen. Having found KB Article Q318738 How to
> Reinstall or Repair IE & OE in WinXP I have Tried Method 2.

> After changing the registry keys for both product to
> uninstalled (0) I attempt to reinstall but ie.exe still
> reports that a current version is on the system. This
> occurs still after rebooting as well.

> I have tried step 1 of Method 1 as well using sfc /scannow
> and this ran without apparent errors.

> I'm a little reluctant to follow the next suggestion of an
> In-Place Upgrade of XP. Can anyone suggest how to make XP
> let me reinstall IE & OE6?

Reinstalling Outlook Express in XP

Post by Roma » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:27:13

I have tried the suggestion below but it doesn't help.

Rather than connect to the ie site and download to
reinstall I have the program on a CD. Is it trying to use
the file manager browser that reactivates IE and stops it
being reinstalled?

???????? Where to next?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Go to Start | Run and type msconfig and disable all

startup items and reboot.  Then make sure the correct
registry value is set to 0.  Then go back to
www.,microsoft.com/windows/ie and download the setup file
and then run it and see if it will install then.

>steve

Quote:>> Having Installed Office97 onto XP home, Outlook Express
6
>> would not link to Office to allow spelling.

>> Have reinstalled Office 97 incase there was a problem
>> there - not fixed.

>> Have tried to reinstall IE6 & OE6 but XP doesn't like
this
>> to happen. Having found KB Article Q318738 How to
>> Reinstall or Repair IE & OE in WinXP I have Tried
Method 2.

>> After changing the registry keys for both product to
>> uninstalled (0) I attempt to reinstall but ie.exe still
>> reports that a current version is on the system. This
>> occurs still after rebooting as well.

>> I have tried step 1 of Method 1 as well using
sfc /scannow
>> and this ran without apparent errors.

>> I'm a little reluctant to follow the next suggestion of
an
>> In-Place Upgrade of XP. Can anyone suggest how to make
XP
>> let me reinstall IE & OE6?
>.

1. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

How do I get my old voluminous email from Outlook Express 4 into Outlook
Express 6 or Outlook XP so I can read it again?

My ISP's helpline tells me that it is impossible.

My old Windows '95 PC has Microsoft Outlook Express version 4 (actually
4.72.3120.0).

My new PC running under Windows XP for Home has Outlook Express version 6
and Outlook (which came with Microsoft Office XP).

I need to get all of my old email messages from Express 4 to either Express
6 or to Outlook and to get a small number of messages (erroneously
downloaded into Express 6) from Express 6 to Outlook.

I have copied all of my email messages from the old machine to the new but
cannot find any way of importing them into either Outlook Express 6 or
Outlook.

My version of Outlook does not have an import from Express 6: only Express
4.x and 5.x are mentioned.  If I use it for Express 6, it tells me that the
the right number of messages have been successfully imported but they
haven't.   If I try to import the copied Express 4 messages, it just tries
to load the Express 6 ones again, hardly surprising as it never asks for an
input pathname.

If I try to import into Express 6, it prompts for a pathname and when I type
the pathname where the copied Express 4 email folders are located, it says
there are no email messages there or that there may be another program
trying to access them which I should close (there isn't).

If, on the old PC, I use the export facility in Express 4, it simply says it
is exporting and doesn't tell me at the end what it has done with them.  If
I use 'Find' to search for files created or modified today, I cannot see any
obvious export file.

I cannot load Express 4 on the new PC from my Freeserve disk (as it
recognises that Express 6 is installed already) and I cannot load Express 6
or Outlook on the old PC as it is only Windows 95.

2. Invisible GIF image Setscape 4.04

3. How to uninstall/reinstall outlook express in windows xp

4. The Perfect Christmas Gift 9497

5. need to reinstall ie6 / outlook express on XP

6. problem apache 2.0.39

7. Reinstall Outlook Express in XP

8. Conflicting Info - Free space - 2.5GB or 8GB?

9. Cannot reinstall Outlook Express ( XP Home & IE6)

10. How to Uninstall Outlook Express the Reinstall using XP Pro SP2

11. How to reinstall Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP

12. How To: Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Express in Windows XP HE

13. Outlook Express: can not import dbx-files (ME) into outlook express (XP)