Operating System update ruins IE6

Post by Peta Jardin » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:01:11

i have internet explorer 6 and windows ME. i recently got
windowsXP professional and when i update to XP my browser
won't work. i can still connect to the net but i get
the "page cannot be displayed" message and even messenger
won't work. the error message says "could not open search
page"
can anyone help me!??

1. two operating systems operating...!!!

hey guys
I've a problem.I tried to install windows xp professional on a system where
there was already a home edition installed.I did a clean installation
expecting that my home edition would be REPLACED by the professional
edition.But it didn't..now I've two operating systems and I need just one!
weird problem eh ? So can anyone help me uninstall and disintegrate the
other operating system..(home edition) ? Any help would be much
appreciated.Thanks

Abdullah

2. Reset joystick calibration

3. Updating operating system remotely

4. remove My Computer from desktop

5. Windows Update doesn't find valid operating system

6. Unable to open some attachments in Outlook Express 6.0

7. Update doesn't recognize operating system

8. Yes Virginia, there is a NetBEUI

9. Update fails - "Only available for windows operating system"

10. sp1 update corrupts XP operating system

11. no operating system after McAffee update

12. Update Operating system?

13. Windows 2000 Pro- Operating System Update Facility