OE Identity Switch Closes OE

Post by Roger Mikula » Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:55:39

Sometimes when I switch from one ID to another, the pane
for the new ID doesn't open up, and I can't reopen Outlook
Express.  Have to restart the computer to get to the new
ID.  I heard there's a fix for this, but can't find it.
Any ideas?  Thanks.

OE Identity Switch Closes OE

Post by PA Bea » Thu, 11 Mar 2004 02:11:44

Q330994/April03 Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (which you you prolly
have installed) contains a bug causing the problem you and many others are
having.  Until this bug is addressed by the OE Team, we're advised to always
leave an Identity via File>Exit and Logoff Identity and not use File>Switch
Identities.

Others have found the Force Identity Logon, which essentially does the same
thing, works for them: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/forceid.htm.

If one of your Identities is the default 'Main Identity', which is much more
prone to such problems, you could try replacing it with a new Named Identity
(File>Identities>Add new identity) in hopes of finding more reliability.
Import messages from the old Identity before deleting it
(File>Identities>Manage Identities).
--
HTH - Please Reply to This Thread

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)