Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by Surg » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:16:41

Hi

I am having trouble opening link which are meant to open in a new browser
window, trouble is they just won't.

I have checked the options in the ie option part in the tool tab and have
also tried the repair option in the add/remove section

any help would be much appreciated

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by Paul » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:59:04

Did you carry out the build of IEAK on anything other than Win98?

If you did this could be the problem, you could also try changing the
advanced option in IE to tick the box that says 'Always send URLs as UTF-8
(requires restart)' this sometimes works.

Quote:> Hi

> I am having trouble opening link which are meant to open in a new browser
> window, trouble is they just won't.

> I have checked the options in the ie option part in the tool tab and have
> also tried the repair option in the add/remove section

> any help would be much appreciated

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by Jeff Kabanu » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:14:46

go to a command line and type
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
you should get a message the dll was successfully loaded.
then try opening in a new window...
see Q278483 for more info...(albeit not much more)

> Did you carry out the build of IEAK on anything other than Win98?

> If you did this could be the problem, you could also try changing the
> advanced option in IE to tick the box that says 'Always send URLs as UTF-8
> (requires restart)' this sometimes works.

> > Hi

> > I am having trouble opening link which are meant to open in a new
browser
> > window, trouble is they just won't.

> > I have checked the options in the ie option part in the tool tab and
have
> > also tried the repair option in the add/remove section

> > any help would be much appreciated

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by ICE » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:31:20

I had that problem before, and I figured out the solution.
Under the Policies & Restrictions -> Corporate Restrictions -> Browser Menus
look under Context Menu( Right Click), make sure "Disable Open in New Window"
is UNCHECKED!

> Did you carry out the build of IEAK on anything other than Win98?

> If you did this could be the problem, you could also try changing the
> advanced option in IE to tick the box that says 'Always send URLs as UTF-8
> (requires restart)' this sometimes works.

> > Hi

> > I am having trouble opening link which are meant to open in a new browser
> > window, trouble is they just won't.

> > I have checked the options in the ie option part in the tool tab and have
> > also tried the repair option in the add/remove section

> > any help would be much appreciated

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by Jeff Kabanu » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:20:06

as for my regsvr32 reply...
that would fix the issue if the window is coming up blank... as if it never
tried to load a page...
if you are not getting the option to open in new window from the rightclick
menu the other suggestions should be helpful...
sorry for spouting off before knowing exactly what the problem is.

> I had that problem before, and I figured out the solution.
> Under the Policies & Restrictions -> Corporate Restrictions -> Browser
Menus
> look under Context Menu( Right Click), make sure "Disable Open in New
Window"
> is UNCHECKED!

> > Did you carry out the build of IEAK on anything other than Win98?

> > If you did this could be the problem, you could also try changing the
> > advanced option in IE to tick the box that says 'Always send URLs as
UTF-8
> > (requires restart)' this sometimes works.

> > > Hi

> > > I am having trouble opening link which are meant to open in a new
browser
> > > window, trouble is they just won't.

> > > I have checked the options in the ie option part in the tool tab and
have
> > > also tried the repair option in the add/remove section

> > > any help would be much appreciated

Can't open links in new windows -Please Help :)

Post by Dennis Mülle » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:12:11

Thanx,

I have not posted the question, but it was exactly the thing I was looking
for...

Dennis Mller

Quote:> go to a command line and type