1. Lost 'Run' and 'Find Target' functionality....
Greetz. Once upon a time, I could enter, say, "C:\Program Files\" (or any other
directory) in the Run dialog box that is accessible via the Start Menu, and the
window would pop up automatically. Also once upon a time, clicking on the "Find
Target" button in the Properties window of any shortcut would pop open that
Now, for some reason, using the Run command to open a folder, or using the "Find
Target" function, pop up an error window that says,
Windows cannot open this file:
File: [* directory name goes here, e.g., 'Program Files' *]
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it.
Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you
can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.
What do you want to do?
( ) Use the Web service to find the appropriate program
( ) Select the program from a list
Pursuing either of these options does not solve the problem.
Any thoughts on how to solve this??? I am *so* lost and *so* frustrated right
now.... I've been racking my brain for hours, to no avail....
(Note: The Run functionality works fine for specific file types or for http/URL
protocols. It just doesn't work for directories or drives.)
--?WhyMe? -- Today, truly, my monicker has great relevance.
PS> My suspicion is that this is related to file-type associations. I've had
several problems this past week with file-type associations for
Folders/FileFolders and Drive mysteriously auto-disappearing and stuff.
Is there any way to get winXP-Pro to re-install or re-set the file associations
to how they were right out-of-the-box? I wouldn't mind starting over with that,
right about now..... Even if I manage to get this stuff working again, I feel
like it's just duct-taped together!!
3. Problem with 'net send' - got 'message alias not found' error
4. notepad default font
5. constant dialogue box 'windows cant find 'Flatbed.exe'
6. Dial up problems
7. Can't find 'Folder Redirection' option
8. How to make drop-down menus slide-in/out rather than pop up abruptly ?
9. XP/Pro can't find a way to disable 'Caps Lock'
10. Run-time error '453' Can't find DLL entry point
11. XP can't 'Find New Hardware'
12. Cannot find the file 'F:\Program' - what's running this program?
13. Fix for 'Can't view Help & Support in Win Me' found!!!