'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

Post by Rafael Montserra » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:19:30

'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

When I try to do a 'find' in mac.explorer newsgroup using outlook express,
look for words in the 'subject' line that may give me answers to my
questions.

In the 'find' box:
I choose Header:   Subject
I choose Location: MS Newsgroup IE5

Nothing.

I have also tried this using a subject line word that I know is in the list,
and the same thing happens, no items in the find window.

Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

Post by Mac Test Ac » Fri, 09 May 2003 08:00:13

The 3Find2 function can only search email messages and not newsgroups.  The
Location that you1re referring to has to be a folder that was created by
someone using the computer.
The only way to find specific topics in newsgroups with Outlook Express is
to open that group, then at the top, change your criteria and let it sort.
Remember to blank that line out when you want to see all the topics again.

Good luck,
justin

> 'Find' - Finding Subject Words from the 'Find' Window

> When I try to do a 'find' in mac.explorer newsgroup using outlook express,
> look for words in the 'subject' line that may give me answers to my questions.

> In the 'find' box:
> I choose Header:   Subject
> I choose Location: MS Newsgroup IE5

> Nothing.

> I have also tried this using a subject line word that I know is in the list,
> and the same thing happens, no items in the find window.

> Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

1. Lost 'Run' and 'Find Target' functionality....

Greetz.  Once upon a time, I could enter, say, "C:\Program Files\" (or any other
directory) in the Run dialog box that is accessible via the Start Menu, and the
window would pop up automatically.  Also once upon a time, clicking on the "Find
Target" button in the Properties window of any shortcut would pop open that
directory.

Now, for some reason, using the Run command to open a folder, or using the "Find
Target" function, pop up an error window that says,
        ------------
        Windows cannot open this file:
        File:  [* directory name goes here, e.g., 'Program Files' *]

        To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it.
Windows
        Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you
        can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

        What do you want to do?
        ( ) Use the Web service to find the appropriate program
        ( ) Select the program from a list
        ------------
Pursuing either of these options does not solve the problem.

Any thoughts on how to solve this???  I am *so* lost and *so* frustrated right
now.... I've been racking my brain for hours, to no avail....

(Note: The Run functionality works fine for specific file types or for http/URL
protocols.  It just doesn't work for directories or drives.)

Thanks.
--?WhyMe? -- Today, truly, my monicker has great relevance.

PS> My suspicion is that this is related to file-type associations.  I've had
several problems this past week with file-type associations for
Folders/FileFolders and Drive mysteriously auto-disappearing and stuff.

Is there any way to get winXP-Pro to re-install or re-set the file associations
to how they were right out-of-the-box?  I wouldn't mind starting over with that,
right about now..... Even if I manage to get this stuff working again, I feel
like it's just duct-taped together!!

2. Networking

3. Problem with 'net send' - got 'message alias not found' error

4. notepad default font

5. constant dialogue box 'windows cant find 'Flatbed.exe'

6. Dial up problems

7. Can't find 'Folder Redirection' option

8. How to make drop-down menus slide-in/out rather than pop up abruptly ?

9. XP/Pro can't find a way to disable 'Caps Lock'

10. Run-time error '453' Can't find DLL entry point

11. XP can't 'Find New Hardware'

12. Cannot find the file 'F:\Program' - what's running this program?

13. Fix for 'Can't view Help & Support in Win Me' found!!!