Java script problems using IE6

Post by John » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:28:31

Using IE6 SP1 on W98 SE: keep getting Java script errors
on pages that work fine with Netscape on the same PC
means that I cannot use IE to post to this forum (e.g.) -
have to use another PC..
Script error message is something along the lines
of 'script server error'
Completely 'vanilla' installation of IE6 (nothing fancy
set anywhere) and it affects multiple web-sites...

Java script problems using IE6

Post by Henri Leboeu » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:44:00

Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
Check "Disable script debugging"
Uncheck "Display a notification about every script error"

--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> Using IE6 SP1 on W98 SE: keep getting Java script errors
> on pages that work fine with Netscape on the same PC
> means that I cannot use IE to post to this forum (e.g.) -
> have to use another PC..
> Script error message is something along the lines
> of 'script server error'
> Completely 'vanilla' installation of IE6 (nothing fancy
> set anywhere) and it affects multiple web-sites...

Java script problems using IE6

Post by Tony » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:05:56

Sure the message can be eliminated, but that does not fix the underlying
problem of the javascript popup not working.  Come on, someone must have
encountered and fixed this issue?

> Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
> Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
> Check "Disable script debugging"
> Uncheck "Display a notification about every script error"

> --

> Henri Leboeuf
> Web page: http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/index.htm

> > Using IE6 SP1 on W98 SE: keep getting Java script errors
> > on pages that work fine with Netscape on the same PC
> > means that I cannot use IE to post to this forum (e.g.) -
> > have to use another PC..
> > Script error message is something along the lines
> > of 'script server error'
> > Completely 'vanilla' installation of IE6 (nothing fancy
> > set anywhere) and it affects multiple web-sites...

Java script problems using IE6

Post by Jcee » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:27:37

Henri Leboeuf   nous a crit::

Quote:> Common script errors messages can be eliminated by Clicking:
> Menu: Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab.
> Check "Disable script debugging"
> Uncheck "Display a notification about every script error"

Hi thats right..
but you MUST put your security to medium + restablish + OK

if not enough
D/L the meta DX and install from my site

the name is
" metaDx and filters"
if you have newers ..keep tehem..
RGDS

En vrit  je te le dis                           mais sous O E
  internaute indcis                     pour le HacheuTeuMeuLeu
  seul le click droit                              Control+F deux
la lumire t'apportera                  C'est ce qu'il y a de mieux
netevangile..selon Jceel.livre du windows.psaume alt-255..verset ?p
   Jceel       http://jceel.free.fr  l'hyper du gratuit du net
Founding Chairman of the International Pebkac Busters Company