RE regedit

Post by Ron Somme » Tue, 24 May 2005 19:06:17

No
What is the size of the email?
Tools, Options, Security tab, uncheck Do not allow attachments............
--
Ron Sommer

Quote:> checking my reg entries for my pictures, when I check jpeg and/or gif I
> get
> Content type...image/gif or image/jpeg.....but when I check bmp...I get
> Content Type "image/x-bmp.   Is this the reason I'm getting a little red
> "X"
> instead of pictures in my emails ???

RE regedit

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/O » Tue, 24 May 2005 21:20:53

Probably.  Mine has image/bmp and has in every version of Windows.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email

Quote:> checking my reg entries for my pictures, when I check jpeg and/or gif I
> get
> Content type...image/gif or image/jpeg.....but when I check bmp...I get
> Content Type "image/x-bmp.   Is this the reason I'm getting a little red
> "X"
> instead of pictures in my emails ???

RE regedit

Post by iris » Wed, 25 May 2005 04:27:09

So ..do I change the registry entry or will that cause more problems...and
will it solve the problem ??

> Probably.  Mine has image/bmp and has in every version of Windows.

> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

> > checking my reg entries for my pictures, when I check jpeg and/or gif I
> > get
> > Content type...image/gif or image/jpeg.....but when I check bmp...I get
> > Content Type "image/x-bmp.   Is this the reason I'm getting a little red
> > "X"
> > instead of pictures in my emails ???

RE regedit

Post by Ron Somme » Wed, 25 May 2005 05:03:38

Exported that key, then change it.
If it doesn't work or you have problems, import the key back.
Mine is the same as Frank's.
--
Ron Sommer

> So ..do I change the registry entry or will that cause more problems...and
> will it solve the problem ??

>> Probably.  Mine has image/bmp and has in every version of Windows.

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

>> > checking my reg entries for my pictures, when I check jpeg and/or gif I
>> > get
>> > Content type...image/gif or image/jpeg.....but when I check bmp...I get
>> > Content Type "image/x-bmp.   Is this the reason I'm getting a little
>> > red
>> > "X"
>> > instead of pictures in my emails ???

RE regedit

Post by Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/O » Wed, 25 May 2005 05:26:08

Change it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

> So ..do I change the registry entry or will that cause more problems...and
> will it solve the problem ??

>> Probably.  Mine has image/bmp and has in every version of Windows.

>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup.  Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

>> > checking my reg entries for my pictures, when I check jpeg and/or gif I
>> > get
>> > Content type...image/gif or image/jpeg.....but when I check bmp...I get
>> > Content Type "image/x-bmp.   Is this the reason I'm getting a little
>> > red
>> > "X"
>> > instead of pictures in my emails ???

1. Regedit problem / Probleme avec regedit

Bonjours, Hi...

I need to know a way to not receive the 'windows message' after you insert
something in the registry (regedit) via a .reg file..
When I dowubleclick on the .reg file, my registry came up to date, but I
receive a message.. How can I eliminate this message..???

J'ai besoin de connaitre une facon d'enlever le message qui apparait
automatiquement apres avoir mis a jour le registre (regedit) avec un fihier
.reg que j'execute.
Lorsque je click sur ce fichier .reg, mon registre se met a jour, mais je
recois toujours un message de confirmation, comment eliminer ce message ???

Thanks, Merci..

E-mail back..

2. Microsoft backup do not detect my tape drive!

3. problema en el regedit me cuelga el fs. problem in regedit freeze my fs

4. DUDE I'M FROM YOUR FUTURE

5. RegEdit Application Error using Export functionality (used RegEdit to delete keys?) - HELP

6. Double-Click To Open or, Search?

7. Regedit of removing automatic windows update

8. error code 28

9. now shellbrowser is gone in regedit

10. Regedit Will Not Work

11. can't run regedit.exe!

12. OE and regedit

13. Unable to save keys in regedit to favorites