i am keeping receiving the same message twice, pls help!

i am keeping receiving the same message twice, pls help!

Post by Ken » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:02:20

Goodmorning, all

one of my client got a problem. When he sent an email, all receipents would
receive it twice. any idea of fixing this problem? tks!

Cheers,

Ken

Post by Kath » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:40:30

> Goodmorning, all

> one of my client got a problem. When he sent an email, all receipents
> would receive it twice. any idea of fixing this problem? tks!

> Cheers,

> Ken

It sounds like his outbox folder is corrupt.
Tools/options/maintenance/store folder and note the location.
Close OE.
In Windows Explorer navigate to the place you noted.
Find and delete "outbox.dbx"
A new, empty folder will be created when you next open OE.
(Note that you may have to enable "show hidden files and folders" via
control panel/folder options/view before you can locate and delete the
file in Windows Explorer.)
Use this link for explanations as to how this may have happened and for
maintenance of OE.
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm

i am keeping receiving the same message twice, pls help!

Post by Ken » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:04:21

Great,

I am supposed that there must be something wrong with his outlook express,
coz only he met this problem. I will follow up Kath suggestion and let your
guys know how is going then... tks again.

Cheers,

Ken

i am keeping receiving the same message twice, pls help!

Post by PA Bea » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:23:04

Eliminate the possibility of email scanning by the anti-virus application
being the cause by disabling this option.
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)