Pop Ups when not logged on to internet

Post by Jack » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:35:50

I just recently downloaded an upgrade to internet exployer
6 and now even if I am not logged on I get pop ups. Can
someone help?

Pop Ups when not logged on to internet

Post by Mike Burges » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 05:47:58

Jack,
To Prevent Windows PopUp Spam:
http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/articles/popupspam/index.htm
http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/

Test your setup:
http://www.mynetwatchman.com/winpopuptester.asp

To Prevent Browser PopUps:
AdShield 3.0 [trialware]
http://www.adshield.org/

- Ability to block Macromedia Flash ads
- Ability to block Javascript pop-ups and other nasties!
- No need to close IE to change options
[Full Version]
- Ability to block Ad Banners, Cookies, Hit Counters, etc.
- Change options "on-the-fly" via new IE Toolbar button
- Supports "Importing" block lists
[more info]
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/adshield.htm

Prevent Pop-up Ad Windows When Browsing with Internet Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/restrictedsites/stopp...
[more info]
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
--
Check for Spyware | Adware | Parasites | Dialers | Hijackers | Trojans:
[Experienced Users]

Once installed make *sure* to update via online before scanning!
Fix the items labeled in red,  items labeled in blue-green are optional.
Support Forum: http://www.net-integration.net/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi
How To: http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

[Inexperienced Users]
Ad-Aware [freeware] http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Once installed make *sure* to update via online before scanning!
Support Forum:http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

[To double-check your system]
Go to: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Download "Hijack This!" [freeware] or download direct (below):
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Click: "Save Log" (generates: "hijackthis.log")

Next, go to the below location:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Sign in, go to the "Spyware and Hijackware Removal" section.
Press "New Topic", copy and paste both files into your new message.
_______________________________________
Mike Burgess   http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 6-12-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

Quote:> I just recently downloaded an upgrade to internet exployer
> 6 and now even if I am not logged on I get pop ups. Can
> someone help?

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. test

3. virtual memory low

4. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

5. Change default browser???

6. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups

7. POSTING TO NEWSGROUP ALT.MED.CFS

8. pop ups pop up even when im not surfing

9. Annoying pop ups even when off internet.

10. Pop ups appearing on a non pop up site

11. Pop ups dont pop up

12. Internet Explorer Add pop ups