updating ie5setup cab files

Post by Eric » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to replace a .dll file in one of the cabs included with IEAK.
Does anyone know of a utility that can be used to simply replace the file?
Winzip does not let me add to these cab files.  Cabarc.exe looked like it
might work, but doesn't.

TIA
Eric

updating ie5setup cab files

Post by Frans Staa » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Have you already tried WinRar ?

updating ie5setup cab files

Post by Eric » Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Didn't think of that - I'll try it and let you know.

Quote:> Have you already tried WinRar ?

1. INF files (Branding.cab) not updating

All,

Has anyone figured out the solution to this issue yet ?

I have still been unable to get the INF files in the Branding.cab file
that is dld'd to the WS to update the WS's registry.

This occurs on all OS types.

INS updates are fine.

I have not managed to find any solution to this in the M$ knowledgbase
euther that works.

Anyone ?

Mike Glassman
Systems & Security Admin
Israel Airport Authority

2. Display Problem

3. Missing file: C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\updates.cab

4. minimized folder are not shown in the taskbar

5. Update Help&Support Center from cab file

6. DOS Web viewer?

7. Updating Windows 95 cab files

8. WET_ A Time For Peace And Tranquility (Floaty) <asf>:o))

9. CAB wizard or CAB Generator

10. Need Win95 OSR2 precopy1.cab & mini.cab

11. All my File Attachments come in as CAB files

12. Which .cab file are the Windows installation files in?

13. Cab Files and Winsock Files?