labout login lockup

Post by Steve Cochra » Thu, 20 May 2004 19:18:51

You might try posting in a NG where people can mind read.  Here they can't.

steve

> Running XP

1. lockups, lockups, lockups, lockups lockups and even more lockups (dual processor system)

I'm trying to run windows media player video files in windows media
player...complete system lockups
occur when i open a video file and play it for about 1 or 2, at most 3,
seconds. The behaviour occurs in wmp6.4, wmp7.0
and 9.0 whenever hardware acceleration is enabled and my system is set to
dual processor.
When Hardware accell is off, i don't have this problem....

Tried various drivers, vidcards and soundcards... 3d games work fine though
(with direct3D support, thus hardware acceleration enabled).
Desktop hardware acceleration is also enabled and not causing any
problems.yet.

A real mess when you have 200 movies waiting to be played on this server.

Any suggestions?

2. FS: Mobilon 4100 with 12 Meg, 33.6 modem, software-CHEAP!

3. lockups lockups lockups lockups lockups and more lockups, what a mess.... (dual proc sys)

4. emergency repair console

5. Lockups, lockups, and more lockups...

6. online tech support sites

7. Lockup On Login

8. Problem with wxImage::SetPalette [wxMSW 2.3.3]

9. Mail and News server login trouble -- login box keeps reappearing

10. Have multiple choices of which domain to login to from login drop down?

11. No auto login, just no login at all

12. Computer reboots after login, or a few minutes post-login

13. Messenger does auto login but does not login to passport sites.