Reformatting--Best way to save messages

Post by Bob » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 23:48:24

I plan to reformat--what is the easiest way to backup the message file
(where is it?)?  "Export" seems to allow sending it to MS Outlook or
Exchange only; I assume these programs would be lost with a format.

Reformatting--Best way to save messages

Post by Mediato » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 23:59:26

Just backup the Outlook Express folder - after the reinstalling windows do an
Import/Messages to get all messages back.

> I plan to reformat--what is the easiest way to backup the message file
> (where is it?)?  "Export" seems to allow sending it to MS Outlook or
> Exchange only; I assume these programs would be lost with a format.

Reformatting--Best way to save messages

Post by Tom Koc » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:20:45

There are several ways to backup OE, depending on just how much you want
to keep of your current configuration. For full details on the various
methods, see
http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com/backup

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP

Quote:> I plan to reformat--what is the easiest way to backup the message file
> (where is it?)?  "Export" seems to allow sending it to MS Outlook or
> Exchange only; I assume these programs would be lost with a format.

Reformatting--Best way to save messages

Post by Raou » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:22:59

Where is it?  The path is usually C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities

1. saving OE messages before reformat

Over time I have collected copies of many newsgroup messages with
excellent tips regarding Windows XP.  I have saved them in a folder
within the Local Folders in Outlook Express.  I would like to save
these messages for future use should I decide to reformat my HD and
reinstall XP.  How can I save my collection so I can refer to them
once my reformat and reinstall is complete?

--
Rich Kaminsky

2. java script

3. Best Ways to Archive E-mail ?

4. Win XP Start & Desktop

5. best ways to speed up win95?

6. Explorer address bar very very bashful

7. What's the best way to backup programs before HD reformat

8. New POVLAB pictures !

9. Whats the best way to reformat and reinstall XP Pro?

10. What is the best way to reformat the hard disk?

11. retrieving backup oe saved emails and ie favorites after reformatting

12. Reformatting - What to save?

13. Reformatting - What to save in XP