Auto dialing setting reverts to "Never dial ..."

Auto dialing setting reverts to "Never dial ..."

Post by Jim Mino » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:54:56

I'm using XP with IE 6.  I want to automatically dial my
ISP when I open IE.  However, herein lies the problem.
I set IE to "Automatically dial ..." via Tools Menu ->
Internet Options -> Connections Tab.  The setting
stays set BUT when I restart the PC the setting reverts
to "Never dial ...".  The same applies if I set the option
to dial my ISP if I'm not already connected.   As a note,
I've installed the latest updates for IE 6.  So ... how do I
get "Automatically dial ..." to stay set after I restart the
PC.

Thanks for your assistance!

Jim

1. Connections reverts to "Never dial ..." after restart

I'm using XP with IE 6 and have applied all the IE 6
updates.  When I set Connections (Tools -> Internet
Options -> Connections) to "Automatically dial ..."
when I start IE the setting reverts to "Never dial ..." after
I restart the PC.  I'm using a modem connection to my
ISP, not DSL and am not connected to a network.

How do I get IE 6 to retain the "Automatically dial .."
setting, even after I restart the PC?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

2. Default browser battle

3. IE5 reverts to "Never dial a connection"

4. replaceing motherboard

5. dial up always goes to "never dial a connection"

6. CWBNACFS.DLL error message

7. Dial up Internet Connection "Password" Problems and Slower Dial-up Connection Speeds

8. Error 501 (Permission Denied)

9. fax dial says" your call cannot go through as dialed..."

10. Inactive "save password" and "dial automatically" boxes

11. Dial Up Networking: Win95 crashes after clicking "Save Password" and "Connect"

12. XP - Dial-up Connection...keeps dialing and dialing and dialing and dialing

13. Cannot "auto-dial" ISP on (net-)application launch...??