Why R images saving as bmp instead of jpg now?

Why R images saving as bmp instead of jpg now?

Post by drumme » Thu, 02 May 2002 04:48:13

I remember reading somewhere that this was due to temp
folder or page file size but can't seem to locate that
thread.
Does anyoe remember or have dealt with this before?
W2K, IE6.0.2600
Thanx

Why R images saving as bmp instead of jpg now?

Post by Tj William » Thu, 02 May 2002 06:12:05

Tools > Internet Options > General

Under the Temporary Internet Files subheading, click the "delete files"
button.  Restart IE

  --Tj

Quote:> I remember reading somewhere that this was due to temp
> folder or page file size but can't seem to locate that
> thread.
> Does anyoe remember or have dealt with this before?
> W2K, IE6.0.2600
> Thanx

1. Saving images as jpg instead of bmp

Some are experiencing a sudden problem in saving images from the internet as
.jpg as they used to be able to. Instead they only get the bmp option.
Try deleting your Internet Temporary Files.
On IE, click on TOOLS on the top bar.
Click on Internet Options on the opening menu.
Click on delete files in the opening box under Temporary Internet files.
If you have a .bmp file and you want to convert it to .jpg file, open the
file to see the picture. Below the picture you will see a floppy disk icon
toward the right of the tool bar. Click on it. A box will open "Copy to".
The name of the file will already be there. Under it, open the menu to
select the type of file and select JPG then click save.
A new file will be made in this folder.
Change the folder View from Thumbnails to Details.
You will then see the JPEG file and size. You can then delete the .bmp file
after opening the JPEG file to make sure it works.

2. Opera Help-screen Error

3. save as .art or .bmp versus save as .jpg or .bmp

4. Unwanted Autosubscribe in O.E.6.0.

5. IE6 XP right key saves as BMP instead of JPG

6. can I still run XP after M$ is bankrupt in 20 years?

7. IE 6 saving images as .bmp not .jpg

8. PPP/SLIP how to?

9. GIF and JPG images save as BMP

10. JPG image save gone - BMP only

11. In IE6, all the .JPG's want to save as BMP's - Why???

12. XP now saves images as bmp not jpg

13. Right Click jpg image save always shows up as a bmp