Explorer wont open download "save / open " dialog box

Explorer wont open download "save / open " dialog box

Post by Lee Drummon » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 05:30:43

when i go to downlaod anything using internet explorer
6.0 it wont open the "save / open " dialog box when i
have clicked the downlaod link, can anyone help me,
please . any suggestios would be gratefull. thank you .
Lee

Explorer wont open download "save / open " dialog box

Post by A34 » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:01:43

Have you by any chance got PKZip installed?

Quote:

Post by Kell » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:00:57

Hi Lee,

Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types/File in Question/Advanced.
Put a check in the box that reads: Confirm open after download.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/

Quote:> when i go to downlaod anything using internet explorer
> 6.0 it wont open the "save / open " dialog box when i
> have clicked the downlaod link, can anyone help me,
> please . any suggestios would be gratefull. thank you .
> Lee

1. no "save as" dialog box opens when downloading

hello,

when i go to download an .exe file, it automatically is
downloading the file into windows/temp int files/.  i do
not receive the "save as" box to choose my download
folder.  sometimes it doesnt even download at all and i
have to use the right click option and then "save as".
can anyone help me with the fix.

thanks

2. native lpr support in Win95

3. Changing the "Save As" and "File Open" common dialogs

4. How to convert from static to DHCP?

5. Open all folders in "explorer" mode instead of "open" mode.

6. winmgmt error

7. history

8. How do I save my "Open" dialog box settings?

9. "Save As" dialog box "History"

10. Internet Explorer Open/Save dialog box fails to open

11. my open action changed to "find" from "open" plz help

12. "Open With" appears as simply "Open"