"account" option under "tools" menu tab missing

"account" option under "tools" menu tab missing

Post by David Cunningha » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:18:28

I'm really baffled at this one. I want to make a change to
my email account, something I've done many times in the
past, but when I went to do it this time the "accounts"
option under the "Tools" tab is no longer there. It used
to be just above the "options" menu chocie but now it is
gone and I can't edit or add any mail accounts. Any ideas?

"account" option under "tools" menu tab missing

Post by Andrew Wa » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:10:37

Hi,

This occurs because of a restriction implemented by the IEAK.  If you
selected the Outlook Express Accounts\Disable access to accounts option in
the Profile manager, it writes a value in your .INS -
Disable_Accounts_Access=1

The following registry entry is written:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express]
"No modify accts"=dword:00000001

Changing this value in the registry from '1' to '0' will give you access to
the 'accounts' option. Please try the following steps.

1.      Click Start.
2.      Click Run.
3.      Type regedit in the box.
4.      Click OK.
5.      Find the following key.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express]

Change the "No modify accts" from 1 to 0.

6.      Close the registry.

Regards,

Andrew Wang

Product Support Services