IE Repair Tool-replaced scrrun.dll

Post by charlie » Sun, 18 May 2003 02:39:26

Original post "Internet Explorer cannot be repaired" of 5/11/03.
Thanks to Henri, Robert and Tony, who made great suggestions, scrrun.dll has
been extracted from Windows Update setup cab files and replaced.  IE Repair
tool works like a charm.  As a newbie, I had never used SFC before, and I'm
quite proud of myself.  Thanks to all of you for your advice.  Tony, the
link you gave me was very helpful, gave step by step instructions, very
necessary for a computer illiterate like me.

Now, a new question.  What could have removed the updated version of
scrrun.dll from the System folder?  Does Scandisk ever cause this?  I had
used Scandisk a couple of days before I discovered that Internet Explorer
Tool had this problem.  It always worked before.  Thanks in advance, and for
previous responses.              charlie R

IE Repair Tool-replaced scrrun.dll

Post by TonyKlei » Sun, 18 May 2003 03:36:48

Hi Charlie,

Glad to hear we were able to help.

Hard to say what exactly caused your version of Scrrun.dll to be overwriten/downgraded.  These
things happen, especially in Win 98, where there's no resident System File Protection watching over
your system files.
--

Cheers,  Tony

NOTE:  Please reply to the group,  and not to me personally.
E-mail address is void.

> Original post "Internet Explorer cannot be repaired" of 5/11/03.
> Thanks to Henri, Robert and Tony, who made great suggestions, scrrun.dll has
> been extracted from Windows Update setup cab files and replaced.  IE Repair
> tool works like a charm.  As a newbie, I had never used SFC before, and I'm
> quite proud of myself.  Thanks to all of you for your advice.  Tony, the
> link you gave me was very helpful, gave step by step instructions, very
> necessary for a computer illiterate like me.

> Now, a new question.  What could have removed the updated version of
> scrrun.dll from the System folder?  Does Scandisk ever cause this?  I had
> used Scandisk a couple of days before I discovered that Internet Explorer
> Tool had this problem.  It always worked before.  Thanks in advance, and for
> previous responses.              charlie R

1. installed IE6 and am getting scrrun.dll error when I use IE6 repair

I have install IE6 and it has been running weird so I have
tried to use the IE repair tool and keep getting the error
message saying cannot repair have scrrun.dll version 5.0
need scrrun.dll 5.1 or higher please use set up again .
But I have just done all the setup so it should have
already installed the higher version?any clues anyone has
please e-mail me at above address thanks

2. Win NT 4.0 <--> Windows CE 2.0

3. Unable to repair Internet Explorer - scrrun.dll probs !!

4. More Free Scottish Wallpaper

5. old version of scrrun.dll

6. CD ROM and Sound Card Issues

7. scrrun.dll

8. CDR/CDRW Crashes Computer

9. missing SCRRUN.DLL file

10. Missing scrrun.dll file

11. looking scrrun.dll version = or higher 5.1.0.5010

12. scrrun.dll

13. File SCRRUN.DLL is missing