Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

Post by Andrew Lenno » Sat, 10 May 2003 07:42:41

When viewing saved pictures from my hard-drive I am having
some problems:-  I clicked on "Properties" and changed the
setting for my JPEGs to open with I.E., which they now do,
HOWEVER, when I click on the file-address of the JPEG in
the "History" folder of I.E. the picture ALWAYS loads in a
new window - how can I stop the JPEG from opening a new
window each time I want to view a picture from my History
folder and just let the picture open in the current window?

I never had this problem when I was running Windows 2000
Professional - I now use Windows XP.

Many thanks for any help you can furnish.

PS I would use Picture Viewer, but I a) prefer viewing
pics with I.E. and b) because pictire viewer keeps on
crashing my system.

Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

Post by DVarna » Sat, 10 May 2003 08:07:16

Hi,
See:
199292 - Opening Picture Files Opens New Instances of Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q199292

Regards,
Don
--
E-mail address is modified. Make the obvious change to:

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:> When viewing saved pictures from my hard-drive I am having
> some problems:-  I clicked on "Properties" and changed the
> setting for my JPEGs to open with I.E., which they now do,
> HOWEVER, when I click on the file-address of the JPEG in
> the "History" folder of I.E. the picture ALWAYS loads in a
> new window - how can I stop the JPEG from opening a new
> window each time I want to view a picture from my History
> folder and just let the picture open in the current window?

> I never had this problem when I was running Windows 2000
> Professional - I now use Windows XP.

> Many thanks for any help you can furnish.

> PS I would use Picture Viewer, but I a) prefer viewing
> pics with I.E. and b) because pictire viewer keeps on
> crashing my system.

Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

Post by MauiLove » Sat, 10 May 2003 11:45:26

Try uninstalling windows update:
IE 6.0 cumulative update #813489, Problem should
disappear, and then re-appear when you re-install it.

Good Luck, and Aloha!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When viewing saved pictures from my hard-drive I am
having
>some problems:-  I clicked on "Properties" and changed
the
>setting for my JPEGs to open with I.E., which they now
do,
>HOWEVER, when I click on the file-address of the JPEG in
>the "History" folder of I.E. the picture ALWAYS loads in
>new window - how can I stop the JPEG from opening a new
>window each time I want to view a picture from my History
>folder and just let the picture open in the current
window?

>I never had this problem when I was running Windows 2000
>Professional - I now use Windows XP.

>Many thanks for any help you can furnish.

>PS I would use Picture Viewer, but I a) prefer viewing
>pics with I.E. and b) because pictire viewer keeps on
>crashing my system.

>.

Viewing saved JPEGs with I.E. 6.0 problems

Post by Hristo Ivanov [MS » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 08:07:54

Try to check "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" in Tools
menu ->Internet Options -> Advanced

--
H. Ivanov [MS]
Please reply to newsgroup.