OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

Post by svaard » Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:22:53

I have several hotmail accounts setup & associated with my Outlook express
user^id.

Occassionaly the synchronisation of these accounts gets messed up, showing
emails belonging to one within another's mail folders.
Every time this happens, I end up having to remove the account and reinstate
it. Thankfully the emails on the hotmail server remain fine, so this is a
client side problem with Outlook express.

Any ideas why this happens ?

Is there a restriction of only one hotmail account per Outlook user id ?

Steve

OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

Post by PA Bea » Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:10:42

There is no restriction on the number of Hotmail accounts one can have in
Outlook Express (as long as the total number of all mail accounts doesn't
exceed 32, but that's another story).  That doesn't mean that they'll all
work flawlessly, mind you.

For best results: IE Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Edit> type in

    hotmail.com

and Allow All Cookies.
--
HTH...Please post back to this thread

~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

AumHa Forums
http://forum.mvps.org/

Protect Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect

> I have several hotmail accounts setup & associated with my Outlook express
> user^id.

> Occassionaly the synchronisation of these accounts gets messed up, showing
> emails belonging to one within another's mail folders.
> Every time this happens, I end up having to remove the account and
> reinstate it. Thankfully the emails on the hotmail server remain fine, so
> this is a client side problem with Outlook express.

> Any ideas why this happens ?

> Is there a restriction of only one hotmail account per Outlook user id ?

> Steve

OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

Post by svaard » Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:13:38

Hello,

I've set the Cookies option, and will monitor the situation going forward,
thanks.
Though I'm wondering why without this setting, the application has been
apparently working without too
many problems until now.

Steve

Post by PA Bea » Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:22:21

Here's one reason: http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/mydoom.asp
--
~PA Bear

> Hello,

> I've set the Cookies option, and will monitor the situation going forward,
> thanks.
> Though I'm wondering why without this setting, the application has been
> apparently working without too
> many problems until now.

> Steve

>> There is no restriction on the number of Hotmail accounts one can have in
>> Outlook Express (as long as the total number of all mail accounts doesn't
>> exceed 32, but that's another story).  That doesn't mean that they'll all
>> work flawlessly, mind you.

>> For best results: IE Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Edit> type in

>>     hotmail.com

>> and Allow All Cookies.
>> --
>> HTH...Please post back to this thread

>> ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

>> AumHa Forums
>> http://forum.mvps.org/

>> Protect Your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect

>>> I have several hotmail accounts setup & associated with my Outlook
>>> express user^id.

>>> Occassionaly the synchronisation of these accounts gets messed up,
>>> showing emails belonging to one within another's mail folders.
>>> Every time this happens, I end up having to remove the account and
>>> reinstate it. Thankfully the emails on the hotmail server remain fine,
>>> so this is a client side problem with Outlook express.

>>> Any ideas why this happens ?

>>> Is there a restriction of only one hotmail account per Outlook user id ?

>>> Steve

OE with Multiple-hotmail accounts occasionally confuses which emails belong to which account.

Post by Manic Poste » Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:14:43

Quote:> I have several hotmail accounts setup & associated with my Outlook express
> user^id.

> Occassionaly the synchronisation of these accounts gets messed up, showing
> emails belonging to one within another's mail folders.
> Every time this happens, I end up having to remove the account and
reinstate
> it. Thankfully the emails on the hotmail server remain fine, so this is a
> client side problem with Outlook express.

> Any ideas why this happens ?

> Is there a restriction of only one hotmail account per Outlook user id ?

> Steve

I've got several Hotmail accounts, and have the same problem occasionally.
If you leave them they sort themselves out within 24 hours without resetting
usually.

Manic

Post by N. Mille » Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:47:41

Quote:> I have several hotmail accounts setup & associated with my Outlook express
> user^id.

> Occassionaly the synchronisation of these accounts gets messed up, showing
> emails belonging to one within another's mail folders.
> Every time this happens, I end up having to remove the account and reinstate
> it. Thankfully the emails on the hotmail server remain fine, so this is a
> client side problem with Outlook express.

> Any ideas why this happens ?

> Is there a restriction of only one hotmail account per Outlook user id ?

There is no restriction that I am aware of, but I have never figured out how
to sort out the cross-synch problem except by configuring one Hotmail
account per Identity.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain