"Reply" doesn't always indent with ">"

Post by Ron Somme » Fri, 20 May 2005 02:22:35

The setting applies to plain text messages.
Where both messages plain text?
--
Ron Sommer

Quote:> When I "Reply" to an email I sometimes see the original text indented with

Post by Grzegorz Niemirowsk » Fri, 20 May 2005 02:50:48

Quote:> When I "Reply" to an email I sometimes see the original text indented
> with  ">" and sometimes not. I don't change the settings (which are set
> to indent  quoted text with ">"). This has happened to 2 recent emails
> from the same  person (one yesterday, one today):  one has the ">"s and
> one doesn't when  I've hit "Reply".
> Can anyone explain please?
> Miles

OE doesn't add ">" when one replies to a message in quoted-printable format.
It can be fixed by programs such as OE PowerTool or OE-QuoteFix.

--
Grzegorz Niemirowski, Poland, Europe, www.grzegorz.net
OE PowerTool 3.1.5 - the best way to improve your OE

"Reply" doesn't always indent with ">"

Post by Miles » Fri, 20 May 2005 04:09:42

Quote:

> OE doesn't add ">" when one replies to a message in quoted-printable
> format. It can be fixed by programs such as OE PowerTool or OE-QuoteFix.

Thanks guys. Properties...Message Source revealed that one was plain text
(which produced the "<"s), the other "mulitipart/alternative". I'll look at
those programs.
Miles