Non-text signatures

Post by ayco » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:07:50

My objective was to add different non-text signatures to outgoing e-mails in
both Outlook and Outlook Express.  Using Office XP Pro I followed the
instructions to add the non-text signatures to Office and thus Outlook.  I
also followed the instructions for OE6 (1123). The signatures appear in both
e-mail programs under Insert|signature. However, when I click on the
signature I want to use, in either e-mail program, a box with red X in left
hand corner appears but no signature.  If I right click on the box and
select properties the location of the signature file in Outlook is:
outbind://2/LD_files/image002.jpg, and the location in for the Outlook
Express is: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PMC.htm.
When I attempt to send the e-mails a warning appears saying the files can't
be found. The text files under Signature in both programs always work. After
spending a half a day browsing Pickering and Tomsterdam I'm at a lose. Any
thoughts on why I can't get it to work? Are there other sites that might
solve my problem? I sense it's something quite simple.

Non-text signatures

Post by Sunn » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:31:42

The path to the signature (html file) has to be exact, if you move the
original .jpg, or put a dot in the wrong place of the path to it's location
OE can't find it .

Quote:> My objective was to add different non-text signatures to outgoing e-mails
in
> both Outlook and Outlook Express.  Using Office XP Pro I followed the
> instructions to add the non-text signatures to Office and thus Outlook.  I
> also followed the instructions for OE6 (1123). The signatures appear in
both
> e-mail programs under Insert|signature. However, when I click on the
> signature I want to use, in either e-mail program, a box with red X in
left
> hand corner appears but no signature.  If I right click on the box and
> select properties the location of the signature file in Outlook is:
> outbind://2/LD_files/image002.jpg, and the location in for the Outlook
> Express is: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\PMC.htm.
> When I attempt to send the e-mails a warning appears saying the files
can't
> be found. The text files under Signature in both programs always work.
After
> spending a half a day browsing Pickering and Tomsterdam I'm at a lose. Any
> thoughts on why I can't get it to work? Are there other sites that might
> solve my problem? I sense it's something quite simple.

1. Cannot send attachments or non-text email 1k

Home RR Network, cable, 2800/360.
Using Outlook Express (or Outlook 2K) on Win XP Home (all updates to
date).
I CAN send and receive email - send (plain text only 1K or less).
Receive any type no problem. smtp server and pop server appear to be
defined correctly.

Does not appear to be RR problem as I can send mail no problem from
another PC on my home network (outlook express) using the same email
account. It does not appear to be a router MTU issue as other PC's work
fine with the RR smtp server.

I have deleted and re-added email accounts, tried a diffferent client
(Outlook 2K), uninstalled IE and Outlook and re-installed it. I
un-installed Norton AntiV (Corporate 7.5).

Web browsing, security apps, telnet, ftp, speed tests all work fine
from this PC - just sending email with attachments or non-text types
fail.

When email fails to be sent - Outlook Express returns either 0x800CCC0F
or 0x800CCC19. The email is not sent - remains in outbox until I delete
it.

Problem appears to be IP related - how to trouble-shoot??

This XP box has worked fine for over a year - this problem started
Thursday.

If anyone can help - I appreciate

2. RAS Server Question

3. non-Text replies to HTML

4. How to access an NT 4 machine from a W98 machine, without password for the NT machine?

5. IE - doesn't load web site .gif, html's, or other non-text

6. reveal wave32 soundcard

7. OE 6 won't send non-text attachments

8. Outlook Express Issues RSET Command between each mail when more than one email is sent

9. Pasting non-text data into RichEdit control

10. non-standard partition table signature

11. Text and HTML Signatures don't work

12. Signatures text

13. Signatures w/text and graphics