Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

Post by Pops Kinne » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 05:55:04

I had an old computer set up with Outlook Express 6 receiving all email for 4
accounts and sending it to 4 inboxes. Now I've got an XP computer and want to
give each of my kids their own user account for the computer. But I'd like to
have us still all share one Outlook experience. Is there a way for Outlook to
be among the shared components rather than each of us having our own inbox,
outbox, etc.?  If not, is there a way for me to have all the spam come to my
account so the kids don't see all the *that circulates?

Multiple users and multiple Outlook accounts

Post by DGues » Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:26:07

Outlook or Outlook Express?

You can use message rules to direct the mail to a particular folder per
account and the rest of the mail goes in to the one Inbox. You could call it
Kid #1 Inbox, Kid #2 Inbox and so on.

Quote:>I had an old computer set up with Outlook Express 6 receiving all email for
>4
> accounts and sending it to 4 inboxes. Now I've got an XP computer and want
> give each of my kids their own user account for the computer. But I'd like
> have us still all share one Outlook experience. Is there a way for Outlook
> be among the shared components rather than each of us having our own
> inbox,
> outbox, etc.?  If not, is there a way for me to have all the spam come to
> my
> account so the kids don't see all the *that circulates?

1. New article on OE multiple addresses, multiple Identities and multiple User Accounts

Here is my latest article for the IE Community website. It's one of those
articles I've been meaning to write for the last 5 years or so. :-)

A Multitude of Multiples: Using Outlook Express with Multiple E-mail Addresses,
Multiple Accounts, and Multiple Identities
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/identity.mspx

--
Tom Koch, MVP for IE/Outlook Express
http://www.insideOE.com/

2. Shut Down Trouble

3. Windows XP, Multiple User Accounts, Multiple NIC, managing routes on startup

4. Auto Shutdown

5. DriveSpace Question

6. WinXP, multiple user accounts, Outlook, and Outlook Express

7. Transferring Legacy Documents

8. Outlook Express same e-mail account for multiple users HOW ?

9. Outlook 2002 & Multiple User Accounts

10. Multiple User Accounts w/Outlook

11. Multiple sent folders for multiple accounts

12. Multiple Accounts/Multiple Stationary