IE repair...gone in xp??

Post by andydm » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:52:43

Is the option to repair IE gone in Windows xp?   I can't find it anywhere.
Is this another MS "improvement"??

IE repair...gone in xp??

Post by Don MacDougal » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:34:16

No, it has been the same since repair was introduced. Repair is not
available in the version of IE that is comes with your version of Windows.
IE 6.0 is the version of IE that comes with Windows XP. Repair will return
when a later version of IE is available and you install the later version.
Don

Quote:> Is the option to repair IE gone in Windows xp?   I can't find it anywhere.
> Is this another MS "improvement"??

IE repair...gone in xp??

Post by Vagabon » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:53:44

Maybe SFC does this as IE is more tightly integrated into the shell?

> You have a lot of company in that boat. We're all hoping the same thing...
> Sharon

> > thanks.......I hope that nothing goes wrong with IE until then!  :-)

> > > No, it has been the same since repair was introduced. Repair is not
> > > available in the version of IE that is comes with your version of
> Windows.
> > > IE 6.0 is the version of IE that comes with Windows XP. Repair will
> return
> > > when a later version of IE is available and you install the later
> version.
> > > Don

> > anywhere.

1. IE repair didn't repair BROWSEUI.DLL error

Noel, I did the repair from "add remove.." (three times, alternately after
reboots, download, etc.), no help re-downloaded IE6 with nothing running
except "Explorer" and "Systray" and still when I click "Favorites" I get the
"BROWSEUI.DLL error".
Anyone have another suggestion?  Regards, JimJ

2. Free NFS Client needed

3. Going from IE 6 to IE 5.5 on XP

4. Error message

5. pptp gone in XP repair?

6. Action Manager

7. Repaired XP now email is gone.

8. Missing task bar

9. Windows XP repair gone wrong... Very wrong.

10. Shell32 corrupted , XP theme Gone Gone Gone

11. Help: Where does Netscape plug-ins go?

12. Repair IE/OE 6 in XP??

13. Repair IE 6 in Win XP