Runtime error with java apps

Post by Gasto » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:39:42

Hi. My name is Gaston and Im from Argentina.
Whenever I try to access a web page with java, I keep
getting a "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to
debug?". I have  WinXP as my OS and Internet Explorer 6.
Can anybody help me to solve this or to avoid getting
those messages?
Thank you.

Runtime error with java apps

Post by Dan » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 04:27:58

Try switching to decaf and see if that helps. While the pots brewing,

Open I.E. tools-Internet Options-Advanced and make sure
"Disable script debugging" is checked and
"Display a notification about every script error" is unchecked.

Hi. My name is Gaston and Im from Argentina.
Whenever I try to access a web page with java, I keep
getting a "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to
debug?". I have  WinXP as my OS and Internet Explorer 6.
Can anybody help me to solve this or to avoid getting
those messages?
Thank you.

Runtime error with java apps

Post by Henri Leboeu » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:42:57

If you have Kazaa installed remove it.

If not can you post the exact error message.
--

Henri Leboeuf

Hi. My name is Gaston and Im from Argentina.
Whenever I try to access a web page with java, I keep
getting a "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to
debug?". I have  WinXP as my OS and Internet Explorer 6.
Can anybody help me to solve this or to avoid getting
those messages?
Thank you.

1. Java app calling Java app through command.com loses env vars

I'm starting to use a product that has one step of its installation/setup that
is a cmd script that calls a Java application that ends up using command.com to
call another Java application.  The last Java application needs to references
environment variables set in the cmd script.

In Windows 2000, this process works fine.  The last Java application sees the
environment variables fine.  In Windows XP, however, the last Java application
seems to have no environment variables (I've only tried several, but I haven't
checked to see if there are any at all).

I wish they had written this process better (as the second Java application has
a relatively easy-to-use API that they could have just called directly from the
first Java application), but they didn't.  I don't expect them to re-architect
this any time soon.

The question I have is, is there something that changed between Win2k and WinXP
in the area of calling other applications through command.com, such that a
downstream called application wouldn't be able to get any environment
variables?

Is there something they're supposed to use instead of "command.com" for this
sort of thing?  I know there's "cmd" and "command", and "cmd" appears to be
much more functional, but I don't know a lot about the differences between
them.

David M. Karr          ; Java/J2EE/XML/Unix/C++

2. Problem with IP address???

3. Java Runtime Enviroment Installation Error

4. Networking two XP systems- sharing one DSL

5. Help - Java runtime error

6. MAC vs AMIGA vs PC - MY VOTE!!!

7. I am receiving system error at app runtime

8. IE 6 Browser background problem

9. SP1 - Java runtime errors

10. java script runtime error

11. Visual++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

12. help! mircsoft visual C++ runtime library, runtime error

13. Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error