warning: page has expired

Post by RP » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:25:53

on some websites, when i click the back button on the
browser, instead of getting my previous page of search
results, i get the annoying message "warning: page has
expired ... etc"

i use internet explorer 6 and windows xp home.

i read the knowledge base which said that to fix the
problem i had to download and install internet explorer 6
service pack 1 (SP1). I have done this, but the problem
hasn't gone away.

can anyone please help!? thanks!

warning: page has expired

Post by Jone Do » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:46:17

This is mostly on secure websites, and designed that way to protect you.

Scenerio:  You want to check your bank account, you log on to the page,
input your account numbers, paswords, etc.  You check your balances.  You
don't close the page, but instead surf to some other location(s).  You get
called away, and the machine is left on line.  The next person along clicks
the back button until he reaches  your log in page, and gets your account
number and password.  Next day your checks begin to bounce.

See why they do it that way?

Installing SP1  would not rewrite the security features of a page, so I
don't know why you were told it would help.

Just out of curiosity, why are  you asking an IE question in an OE group?

Quote:> on some websites, when i click the back button on the
> browser, instead of getting my previous page of search
> results, i get the annoying message "warning: page has
> expired ... etc"

> i use internet explorer 6 and windows xp home.

> i read the knowledge base which said that to fix the
> problem i had to download and install internet explorer 6
> service pack 1 (SP1). I have done this, but the problem
> hasn't gone away.

> can anyone please help!? thanks!

---

warning: page has expired

Post by Jone Do » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:48:54

Sorry, ignore my last comment, I am not where I thought I was.  Hey, it
happens.  I had just switched from one newsgroup to another.  Again, sorry.

> This is mostly on secure websites, and designed that way to protect you.

> Scenerio:  You want to check your bank account, you log on to the page,
> input your account numbers, paswords, etc.  You check your balances.  You
> don't close the page, but instead surf to some other location(s).  You get
> called away, and the machine is left on line.  The next person along
clicks
> the back button until he reaches  your log in page, and gets your account
> number and password.  Next day your checks begin to bounce.

> See why they do it that way?

> Installing SP1  would not rewrite the security features of a page, so I
> don't know why you were told it would help.

> Just out of curiosity, why are  you asking an IE question in an OE group?

> > on some websites, when i click the back button on the
> > browser, instead of getting my previous page of search
> > results, i get the annoying message "warning: page has
> > expired ... etc"

> > i use internet explorer 6 and windows xp home.

> > i read the knowledge base which said that to fix the
> > problem i had to download and install internet explorer 6
> > service pack 1 (SP1). I have done this, but the problem
> > hasn't gone away.

> > can anyone please help!? thanks!

> ---

---

warning: page has expired

Post by RP » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 04:01:38

Yes I understand but I am not on secure sites when this
happens. i never had this problem with IE5/Win98. the
problem started when i got IE6/winXP, and it really slows
me down. I exoected the fix in the KB to work, but it
hasn't. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This is mostly on secure websites, and designed that way
to protect you.

>Scenerio:  You want to check your bank account, you log
on to the page,
>input your account numbers, paswords, etc.  You check
your balances.  You
>don't close the page, but instead surf to some other

location(s).  You get
Quote:>called away, and the machine is left on line.  The next
person along clicks
>the back button until he reaches  your log in page, and
gets your account
>number and password.  Next day your checks begin to
bounce.

>See why they do it that way?

>Installing SP1  would not rewrite the security features
of a page, so I
>don't know why you were told it would help.

>Just out of curiosity, why are  you asking an IE

question in an OE group?

>> on some websites, when i click the back button on the
>> browser, instead of getting my previous page of search
>> results, i get the annoying message "warning: page has
>> expired ... etc"

>> i use internet explorer 6 and windows xp home.

>> i read the knowledge base which said that to fix the
>> problem i had to download and install internet
explorer 6
>> service pack 1 (SP1). I have done this, but the problem
>> hasn't gone away.

>> can anyone please help!? thanks!

>---
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system

(http://www.grisoft.com).

Quote:>Version: 6.0.449 / Virus Database: 251 - Release Date:
1/27/2003

>.

warning: page has expired

Post by Jesper Ohlsson [MSFT » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:08:05

Quote:> on some websites, when i click the back button on the
> browser, instead of getting my previous page of search
> results, i get the annoying message "warning: page has
> expired ... etc"

> i use internet explorer 6 and windows xp home.

> i read the knowledge base which said that to fix the
> problem i had to download and install internet explorer 6
> service pack 1 (SP1). I have done this, but the problem
> hasn't gone away.

> can anyone please help!? thanks!

Hi

Do you have an example of a site where this happens? Maybe the site is using
a frameset and for some reason is referencing an https in one of the frames?

--
For IE6 issues use: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
--

warning: page has expired

Post by RP » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 07:29:39

> [...]

Quote:>a frameset and for some reason is referencing an https

in one of the frames?
Quote:

>--
>For IE6 issues use:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Quote:>--
>Best regards
>Jesper Ohlsson

>no it happens on all sites where a form is submitted,

and none of the sites are secure sites, just normal
sites. it is a problem with IE6 which does not occur with
IE5, so it is not the fault of the sites but of IE6 with
winXP.

1. Warning:Page has Expired...ARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!

I have the EXACT problem described in knowledgebase
article #Q319792 (POST / RE-POST PROBLEM)requiring service
pack 1.  I knew I WAS IN TROUBLE because I HAVE all the
latest service packs for 6.0 and I am still having this $%

(Cannot backpage to RESUBMIT an item, am forced to the
first page to start preliminary search all OVER AGAIN.
(this is happening on an MLS website) Checked the dll in
question, mine is NEWER than the CORRECT one mentioned in
the article.  ARRRGGGHHH reapplied service pack MADE NO
DIFFERENCE please if somebody knows the fix MICROSOFT GUYS
ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!

2. history

3. Warning: Page has expired

4. Cannot open User accounts