"Warning: Page has Expired" problem

Post by Davi » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 04:25:37

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was
created using information you submitted in a form. This
page is no longer available. As a security precaution,
Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
the Refresh button.
---------------
I've tried locating how to fix this using the
KnowledgeBase. However, the correction article indicates
that the problem only occurs for IE 4.0 and 4.01. The two
possible problems are: (1) "Do not save encrypted pages to
disk" is enabled. Which it is not on my computer. (2)
there is a "cache-control: private" tag on the page. Which
it does not.

Help?

"Warning: Page has Expired" problem

Post by R. C. Whit » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:19:37

Hi, David.

So, why do you think this is a problem?  It sounds to me like normal
behavior.

Do you mean that you see this message on your FIRST visit to the page?  Or
what?  How do you get to the point to see it?

As the message says, this is "a security precaution" so that some *
person cannot sneak in and backspace to your previous page and see your user
name and password.  Or just start entering data as though he were you.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP

Quote:> Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was
> created using information you submitted in a form. This
> page is no longer available. As a security precaution,
> Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
> information for you.

> To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
> the Refresh button.
> ---------------
> I've tried locating how to fix this using the
> KnowledgeBase. However, the correction article indicates
> that the problem only occurs for IE 4.0 and 4.01. The two
> possible problems are: (1) "Do not save encrypted pages to
> disk" is enabled. Which it is not on my computer. (2)
> there is a "cache-control: private" tag on the page. Which
> it does not.

> Help?

"Warning: Page has Expired" problem

Post by Henri Leboeu » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:14:46

Try this fix. I.E. 6 only.

Back Navigation on POST Causes Re-POST in Internet Explorer 6
When you return back to the results page, you may receive the following
warning message:
res://mshtml.dll/repost.htm - message (Warning, page has expired, you must
refresh...).
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319792 (i. e. 6. W98/se/ME/NT4/XP/2000
Sept. 5, 2002)
--

Henri Leboeuf

Quote:> Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was
> created using information you submitted in a form. This
> page is no longer available. As a security precaution,
> Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
> information for you.

> To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click
> the Refresh button.
> ---------------
> I've tried locating how to fix this using the
> KnowledgeBase. However, the correction article indicates
> that the problem only occurs for IE 4.0 and 4.01. The two
> possible problems are: (1) "Do not save encrypted pages to
> disk" is enabled. Which it is not on my computer. (2)
> there is a "cache-control: private" tag on the page. Which
> it does not.

> Help?

1. Can't get rid of "Warning : Page Expired" message

Since I installed IE6 I get a "Warning: Page Expired" message whenever I hit
the back button on either a form, search or secure page.

I looked this up on the ms website and saw about the option for the check
box "do not save encrypted pages to disk" but that's never been checked on
my option so that is not the problem.

Does anyone know what is causing this? It is very annoying!

Thanks,
Derek

2. DirectConnection

3. "Warning: page has expired" error

4. Disable the switch off

5. KB319792 ("Warning: Page has expired") after SP1

6. open eudora using separate folders

7. Can't get rid of "Warning: Page Expired" message

8. Prior question-keeping out prying eyes

9. Warning This Page Has Expired on "Back"

10. Keep getting "Warning: Page has Expired..."

11. "warning: page has expired"

12. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

13. "Hoax"-mail (virus-warning) concerning file "jdbgmdr.exe"